Microsoft is now rolling out another new Windows 10 preview build for Insiders in the Fast ring today, pushing the build number up to 17110. Today's build, which comes days after the last Fast ring release, contains some new enterprise features and several general changes and improvements.
Improvements for Enterprise Customers in RS4
- Enterprises can now run custom actions during feature update: In RS4, we are adding a new feature that will enable your enterprise to run your own custom actions/scripts synchronously with setup.
- Enterprises can run post rollback scripts in system context: Current /postrollback scripts run if the first user logs in after the rollback has admin privileges. We received feedback from several enterprises that most of their employees don't have admin privileges. With RS4, we are enabling /postrollback scripts to run in admin context or system context.
General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
- We fixed an issue where buttons on Game bar were not centered correctly.
- We fixed an issue where a small number of PCs might have experienced one CPU under persistent high load or even a bugcheck (GSOD with error DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION).
- We fixed an issue where tearing a PDF tab in Microsoft Edge would result in a bugcheck (GSOD).
- We've updated Start so that it now follows the new Ease of Access setting to enable or disable hiding scrollbars.
- We fixed an issue resulting in some app icons appearing distorted in Task View.
- We fixed an issue where making a pinch gesture over the open apps in Task View might result in no longer being able to scroll down to Timeline.
- We fixed an issue where pressing and holding on a card in Timeline would open the corresponding app, rather than bringing up a context menu.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the title bar overlapping content when you opened your lists in Cortana's notebook.
- We've updated the new notification to fix blurry apps so that it now will persist in the Action Center to be accessed later once the toast has timed out and dismissed.
- We fixed an issue where it wasn't possible to open a new inPrivate window of Microsoft Edge from the taskbar jumplist while in Tablet Mode.
- We fixed an issue where dragging a Microsoft Edge tab out of the window and releasing hold of it somewhere over the desktop might periodically result in a stuck invisible window.
- We fixed an issue resulting in DirectAccess not working in recent builds, where the connection would be stuck with status "Connecting".
- We fixed an issue where the touch keyboard number pad would show the period as a decimal separator for countries that use the comma as a decimal separator.
- We fixed an issue resulting in not being able to turn on and off third party IMEs using the touch keyboard.
- We fixed an issue resulting in numbers not being inserted when flicking up on the top row of letters in the wide touch keyboard layout.
That covers what's new in build 17110. For more, check out the full release notes at Microsoft for a list of known issues.