Windows Central Podcast 107: Project xCloud, Cortana moves into Office, patents, and more
This week on the Windows Central Podcast: 1809 pulled, Project xCloud announced, another foldable Surface, changes to Cortana, and a whole lot more.
Daniel Rubino and Zac Bowden are here with a ton of ground to cover in the Microsoft world. First up, there was data loss in the initial release of Windows 10 October 2018 Update, causing the company to pull it shortly after users reported the problem. Microsoft has been testing fixes and is preparing a "rerelease" of the update.
A patent has been discovered that points to a flexible, single-screen folding Surface device. Whether or not you think foldable display technology is a solution in search of a problem, it's coming. Cortana is reportedly moving from the AI + Research group at Microsoft into the Office team. Additionally, Microsoft has unveiled Xbox Project xCloud — a huge step in offering online streaming of Xbox games, and a sign of things to come for Windows in the future?
Rounding things out, Daniel shares his experiences using the Lenovo 15-inch ThinkPad X1 Extreme laptop, and the HP Omen Mindframe gaming headphones.
This episode of the Windows Central Podcast was recorded on October 12 2018.
- Microsoft prepares 'rerelease' of the Windows 10 October 2018 Update
- Microsoft testing file deletion fix for Windows 10 October 2018 Update with Insiders
- Microsoft patent points to a flexible, single-screen folding Surface device
- Cortana reportedly moving under the Microsoft Office team's purview
- Microsoft unveils Xbox Project xCloud game streaming
- Lenovo's 15-inch ThinkPad X1 Extreme packs dual SSDs and 4K HDR
- HP OMEN Mindframe review: Gaming headphones that act like refrigerators for your ears
Subscribe to the podcast
- Download directly: Audio
- Listen via Spotify
- Listen via: Windows Central app Windows 10 (opens in new tab) | Android (opens in new tab)
- Subscribe via iTunes (opens in new tab)
- Subscribe via RSS
- Subscribe via Google Play Music (opens in new tab)
- Subscribe via Pocket Casts
- Watch on Mixer
Make this show great by participating!
Send in your comments, questions, and feedback to:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Twitter: @WindowsCentral with hashtag #wcpodcast
Windows Central Newsletter
Get the best of Windows Central in your inbox, every day!
Zac Bowden is a Senior Editor at Windows Central. Bringing you exclusive coverage into the world of Windows on PCs, tablets, phones, and more. Also an avid collector of rare Microsoft prototype devices! Keep in touch on Twitter: @zacbowden.
So do you guys really think Cortana is really going to become relevant if it better integrates into the production side of Windows? I have the Harman Kardon and was wanting to get another but if it is eventually going to be sunset then I should just go ahead and switch to Alexa. Right?