Daniel Rubino and Zac Bowden are here with a ton of ground to cover in the Microsoft world. First up, there was data loss in the initial release of Windows 10 October 2018 Update, causing the company to pull it shortly after users reported the problem. Microsoft has been testing fixes and is preparing a "rerelease" of the update.
A patent has been discovered that points to a flexible, single-screen folding Surface device. Whether or not you think foldable display technology is a solution in search of a problem, it's coming. Cortana is reportedly moving from the AI + Research group at Microsoft into the Office team. Additionally, Microsoft has unveiled Xbox Project xCloud — a huge step in offering online streaming of Xbox games, and a sign of things to come for Windows in the future?
Rounding things out, Daniel shares his experiences using the Lenovo 15-inch ThinkPad X1 Extreme laptop, and the HP Omen Mindframe gaming headphones.
This episode of the Windows Central Podcast was recorded on October 12 2018.
- Microsoft prepares 'rerelease' of the Windows 10 October 2018 Update
- Microsoft testing file deletion fix for Windows 10 October 2018 Update with Insiders
- Microsoft patent points to a flexible, single-screen folding Surface device
- Cortana reportedly moving under the Microsoft Office team's purview
- Microsoft unveils Xbox Project xCloud game streaming
- Lenovo's 15-inch ThinkPad X1 Extreme packs dual SSDs and 4K HDR
- HP OMEN Mindframe review: Gaming headphones that act like refrigerators for your ears
Subscribe to the podcast
- Download directly: Audio
- Listen via Spotify
- Listen via: Windows Central app Windows 10 | Android
- Subscribe via iTunes
- Subscribe via RSS
- Subscribe via Google Play Music
- Subscribe via Pocket Casts
- Watch on Mixer
Make this show great by participating!
Send in your comments, questions, and feedback to:
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Windows Hello is now more accurate with new Windows 10 updates
A new cumulative update is now rolling out for Windows 10 versions 1909 and 1903. This latest round of fixes includes an update to the accuracy of Windows Hello, along with several other tweaks.
Microsoft Edge Dev channel snags 3D view for developers in latest update
A fresh update is rolling out to the Microsoft Edge Dev channel today, bringing a 3D view tool for developers and more. Microsoft has also confirmed it's discussing bringing back features like "Set Aside" for tabs.
Microsoft's Project Tokyo uses AI to help blind people recognize faces
A new post from Microsoft shares how a converted HoloLens and Project Tokyo help blind people recognize faces. Spatial audio and well-designed cues help people and tech work together to improve conversations.
These 5 cheap external drives pair perfectly with Xbox One
These external hard drives upgrade your Xbox One storage without breaking the bank.