We're back with another exciting episode of the Windows Central Podcast, and this week, Zac Bowden and Daniel Rubino are home safe and sound from Microsoft Build 2019, and they have a ton of insight into the various announcements from the conference. Cortana lives as Microsoft continues its deep investment of research into contextual AI. UWP is changing slightly, but it remains an important tool for developers. Likewise, Fluent Design System has gone cross platform.
There's also plenty of Edge news, and Zac shares his first hands-on experience with HoloLens 2!
This episode of the Windows Central Podcast was streamed live on May 10 2019.
- Microsoft Cortana, and why the future of AI is contextual
- Microsoft's Fluent Design System goes cross platform with iOS, Android, and the web
- Top 5 announcements from Microsoft Build 2019
Subscribe to the podcast
- Download directly: Audio
- Listen via Spotify
- Listen via: Windows Central app Windows 10 | Android
- Subscribe via iTunes
- Subscribe via RSS
- Subscribe via Google Play Music
- Subscribe via Pocket Casts
- Wix Creation without limits. Visit wix.com/podcast and get 10% Off Your Wix Premium Plan — enter the code WIXPROMO at checkout.
- LinkedIn Jobs The right hire can make a huge impact on your business. That's why it's so important to find the right person! find the person who will help you grow your business with LinkedIn! Visit linkedin.com/wcp to get $50 off your first job post.
Make this show great by participating!
Send in your comments, questions, and feedback to:
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Update 4: Trump gives blessing to TikTok sale to Microsoft
TikTok may soon be owned by Microsoft. The company is reportedly in talks to buy out the U.S. portion of TikTok amid a rumored Trump administration order for TikTok owner Bytedance to divest. On Monday, President Trump says he does not oppose the sale so long as it is done by September 15.
We compare the Lenovo Legion 5i 15 with the ASUS TUF Gaming A15
Shopping for a new gaming laptop that hits mid-range performance and costs around $1,000? Check out how the Lenovo's Legion 5i 15 compares to the ASUS TUF Gaming A15.
Edge Canary is taking tabs vertical for some users
Microsoft has started testing its new vertical tab interface with at least some Edge Canary testers. This appears to be part of an A/B test, so it's not available to everyone at the moment.
10 must-have apps for any new PC
You just purchased a new PC and set it up, and now you're looking for some great apps. Look no further. These are the best apps for your new Windows 10 PC.