Since our big story on Seven a few days ago, leaks and information have continued to come forth.
We'll just summarize them all here since nothing is conclusive yet, but there are lots of interesting tidbits:
- Windows Mobile 7 session at MIX 2010 announced: Evidently Microsoft is going to host a session on how to make apps and games for Seven in March at the big MIX '10 conference. Looks like that Mobile World Congress debut is quite likely. (via MobileTechWorld)
- Twitter comments are coming from some Microsoft/Danger employees. Mention WinMo7 team, doughnuts, private testing, and milestones. Tweets originate not from a Sidekick client but from Microsoft. Project Pink lives? (via EngadgetMobile)
- Part II: List of those tweeting from Danger/Microsoft: Carlos Picoto, Director of program management at Microsoft; Jeff McKean - Senior Product Planner at Microsoft; Bruno Silva - Director of Development at Microsoft Corp., Zune; Daryl Welsh - Director of Test -Premium Mobile Experiences at Microsoft; Michael Ducker - Program Manager, Premium Mobile Experiences at Microsoft; Namrata Bachwani - Release Manager at Microsoft (Thanks azimmerm)
- Our leak of the HTC Obsession gets backed up by another anonymous source at WMPU, who says that it is really the Diamond 3, which seems kind of obvious. Also AT&T may grab it too. (via WMPU)
- Our own source reveals to us that Seven is backwards compatible with WM6.x applications (contra an earlier rumor), but it is limited to resolution restrictions. A security warning pops up on launch, but the program will work. That info leads naturally to...
- ...the idea that Seven is based on WinCE 7 aka Chelan, which our man with the knowledge Conflipper confidently states.
- Finally, commenter drphysx, mentions this article from a few months back, which we think dovetails nicely with our big post. It seems to fill in the background info on decision making. It's all theory, but we think its well thought out.
We're sure that's just the tip of the iceberg and we're expecting a lot more info to come forward in the next few weeks. Stay tuned!
Exclusive: The Falconeer is a chill blend of Star Fox and Sea of Thieves
We recently got to spend some time with the latest beta build for the Xbox Series X/S launch title - The Falconeer. Get your first look at some exclusive gameplay right here.
PS5 games prices are higher than Xbox — but is that a good thing?
Sony's PlayStation 5 reveal came with some big caveats, and one of the most overlooked ones is the fact that games will be more expensive, seemingly across the board. Should Microsoft and Xbox jump on that train as well?
Review: Gigabyte's Z490 AORUS ULTRA is a gorgeous Intel motherboard
Gigabyte's Z490 AORUS ULTRA is a motherboard you should consider for a 10th or 11th Gen Intel-powered PC. On paper, it has plenty going for it, including amazing power design and cooling, passively cooled M.2 slots and good overclocking support.
Everything you need to build your own NAS setup (and what it will cost)
Running out of storage on your PC or laptop is the worst. Building your own Network Attached Storage (NAS) can help make sure you never have to experience misery.