Windows Phone Connector for Mac upgraded to v2.0 for Mango
Good news for those of you in our audience who use Macs, you can now get the brand spanking new v2.0 of the Windows Phone Connector app that will allow you to use your Windows Phone with your favorite Apple computer. Changes in v2.0 seem significant and it's just in time for Mango:
- Full sync and import support for Apple Aperture software
- Drag and drop import of files from Browse Device
- Ringtone transfer support (for phones running Windows Phone 7.5 or later)
- Improved video conversion process with user configuration options
- Support for Windows Phone Marketplace (for phones running Windows Phone 7.5 or later)
- Localization support for 13 additional languages
- Improvements to backup and restore operations
- Improved configuration for podcast sync and photo import
- Improved iTunes import support in certain languages
- Improved metadata support for videos
- Added additional error codes and help references for device update
- Resolved connectivity issues with certain devices
- Resolved album art display issues for certain devices
Sounds like a solid update and you can find it right here on Apple's website. Thanks, Ashley B., for the tip!
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Daniel Rubino is the Editor-in-chief of Windows Central, head reviewer, podcast co-host, and analyst. He has been covering Microsoft since 2007 when this site was called WMExperts (and later Windows Phone Central). His interests include Windows, laptops, next-gen computing, and for some reason, watches. Before all this tech stuff, he worked on a Ph.D. in linguistics, watched people sleep (for medical purposes!), and ran the projectors at movie theaters because it was fun.