What you need to know
- World of Warcraft: Classic launches on August 27.
- Ahead of its release, you can reserve names for your characters.
- Name reservations open at 6 PM EDT on August 12.
- You can purchase a World of Warcraft Time Card for $29.50 on Amazon.
It seems Blizzard Entertainment is bringing the original versions of its classics back. Recently, the company revealed a partnership with GOG.com to add Diablo and Warcraft to the Steam-platform. However, among these announcements, the team said that World of Warcraft: Classic was coming in August to PC.
According to a report by IGN, on August 27, players will be able to return to Azeroth as it was during the Drums of War update, and all will have the honor of once again being able to assemble a forty-player raid to take on the fiery hazards of the Molten Core. As is the case with any massively multiplayer game, being able to select a unique username is an important part of the experience. Luckily, you'll be able to choose one in a few hours.
Blizzard is sending out emails saying that name reservations open at 6 PM EDT. The map converts 6 PM EDT to the time zone you're in. For example, 6 PM EDT means that it'll be 8 AM AEST on August 13 in Sydney, Australia. Players with an active subscription can create up to three characters before World of Warcraft: Classic releases on August 27. Blizzard added that when you reserve a name, you'll also choose the realm you will play that character on. There are a few other requirements you can view in this forum post.
To create a character and reserve your name, follow the instructions below.
- Open the Battle.net desktop app and select World of Warcraft in the game selection menu.
- Under the Version menu, select World of Warcraft Classic.
- Click the Install button.
- Once the installation is complete, click the Play button.
- Choose the realm you want to play on then select Create New Character.
- Choose your class, abilities, and more, then enter a name.
- If you delete a character, the name will immediately become available for someone else.
Since World of Warcraft: Classic is expected to be quite a popular game, be sure to make a character in roughly two hours. Names will probably go fast, as is always the case with such titles.
Cheap PC accessories we love
Take a gander at these awesome PC accessories, all of which will enhance your Windows experience.
Anker 4 port USB 3.0 hub ($10 at Amazon)
Whether on a desktop or laptop PC, you always need more ports to connect things to. This hub gives you an additional four USB 3.0 Type A ports.
Ikea Fixa Cable Management System ($11 at Amazon)
This IKEA cable management kit is your ticket to a clean setup. It's simple and functional.
NZXT Puck ($20 at Amazon)
This clever little accessory has powerful magnets on the rear to make it stick to any of the metal panels on your PC case or anything else. It's great for hanging accessories like headsets.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.