- Stream with the Official WPCentral App (opens Zune)
- Download it directly with this link
- Subscribe on your Zune
- Subscribe via iTunes (opens in new tab)
- Subscribe directly to the Podcast feed with your favorite Podcatcher here
- Listen to it here with the flash player above.
With one week before Nokia World, Dan and Jay take on this week's rumors, Mango news, software updates and an odd discussion on sneezing. Tune in now!
Full show notes after the break!
- Microsoft's new advertising push
- We're 30% Mangoified (opens in new tab)
- Microsoft owns Skype - Welcome to Sky.Net! (opens in new tab)
- The Chevron Unlocker is close (opens in new tab)
- This week's app updates
- Bing Maps update (opens in new tab)
- Board Express v2.5
- Shopsavvy goes Mango
- Third party Pandora app coming (opens in new tab)
- Where are all the Xbox Live titles? (opens in new tab)
- In the meantime, check out iBlast Moki
- LG Germany stepping up to enable internet sharing (opens in new tab)
- Nokia 800 (opens in new tab)
- Nokia 710
- Acer Allegro (opens in new tab)
- Dell venue Pro's compass rejects Mango (opens in new tab)
- Student developers unable to upgrade to full accounts - an update
- What is the future of TellMe? (opens in new tab)
- After the big BlackBerry crubmle (opens in new tab) does Windows phone have a single point of failure?
- Comments from last week/time (opens in new tab)
- Disappearing keyboards
- Live questions
You can find us all on Twitter @wpcentral (opens in new tab); @malatesta77 (opens in new tab); @coppertop004 (opens in new tab); @RichEdmonds (opens in new tab); @JayTBennett (opens in new tab); @segacon
Thanks to the WPCentral Store (opens in new tab) for sponsoring the podcast. Thanks also to these great artists for the music and to CCMixter.org (opens in new tab) for offering a great database of Creative Commons music!
Daniel Rubino is the Executive Editor of Windows Central, head reviewer, podcast co-host, and analyst. He has been covering Microsoft here since 2007, back when this site was called WMExperts (and later Windows Phone Central). His interests include Windows, Microsoft Surface, laptops, next-gen computing, and arguing with people on the internet.
Hello,I managed to find your podcast a few days ago. Nice work, quite enjoy it. Got a questions for you lads, actually three. (1) why only 16GB?Nearly all Windows Phones are limited to 16GB. Why do you think this is? I see this really hurting the WindowsPhone. If you'r going to enter into a multiyear contract costing thousands of dollars why would anyone settle for less than 32GB? (2) WP certified microSD cards? are they dead?The Fujitsu is the only windows phone with 32GB built in. The Dell VenuePro, and the Samsung Focus can do with aftermarket microSD cards, but there are no WindowsPhone certified microSD cards available for sale. SanDisk doesn't list any of their cards as being WP certified. Is this certification program no longer active? I considered buying a 8GB Samsung Focus on amazong for $250, but it's a hard purchase to make with the uncertainty of 3rd party microSD cards. (3) Is there anything equivalent to Apple's airport express in the Microsoft world? I don't own any Apple products but this little thing is drawing me in. It only costs $50, and lets you stream music from a computer to it over wifi. It has analog stereo output so you can plug it into a book shelf stereo. Microsoft has options for streaming music or video to a TV or home theatre via xbox, or DLNA type device, but there's nothing cheap and simple like Apple's Airport express.Netgear's NeoTV ($80) has no analog audio output.WD TV Live ($100) has composite video output, still trying to figure out if it's suitable for analog stereo output for music.Cheers
Loved the Show!!! My key board disappears every once in a while:(Also Any news on Whatsapp updates????Also i have the HTC Surround and ever since the Mango update sometimes when i slide out my speaker is pauses the music. Does this have something to do with the sound enhancer app, which i heard was removed from the marketplace? and last thing smart DJ works on my zune nicely, but not on my phone. It always says to make sure that the setting is on connect with zune. Which it is....?I'm in Ontario, Canada on Telus.Thanks
I posted a suggestion over at the WindowsPhone usersvoice page. Suggesting there needs to be a microsoft equivalent to Apple's Airport Express that lets you stream music from your PC to a stereo over wifi and use your WindowsPHone as a remote. Microsoft has plenty of streaming options from PC to TV (home theatre) but nothing for just a stereo like Airport Express.So far the response has been....nothing lol. It's still at 1 vote, mine. Hopefully you can give it a shout out on the podcast, get some WPCentral users to vote it up. :)http://windowsphone.uservoice.com/forums/101801-feature-suggestions/sugg...How to vote:1. Go to http://windowsphone.uservoice.com2. Register. You can use your twitter or facebook id.3. Vote for the suggestion titled "Airport Express, WiFi audio receiver", it's in the Accessories category.:)
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.