- Stream with the Official WPCentral App (opens Zune)
- Download it directly with this link
- Subscribe on your Zune
- Subscribe via iTunes (opens in new tab)
- Subscribe directly to the Podcast feed with your favorite Podcatcher here
- Listen to it here with the flash player above.
Dan and Jay finally return after a brief hiatus (due to Jay's moving to London) for an all new Windows Phone podcast! Join them for another in depth discussion of the Mango update, Nokia phones and various new apps and games as well as answer your questions.
Full show notes after the break...
- Tribute to Steve Jobs
- Mango released (opens in new tab) - how's the rollout going?
- Changes to Zune pass
- Microsoft's Privacy bug (opens in new tab)
- Xbox companion app (opens in new tab)
- Nokia Maps
- WhatsApp - What the what?
- WPCentral Mango app
- Burn! Burn it! Burn that rope!
- Nokia's Ace, Elop says it's coming soon (opens in new tab) there's even advertisments (opens in new tab)
- The Titan and Radar are on sale! (opens in new tab)
- Samsung Omnia W
- Student developers unable to upgrade to full accounts - bad news for everyone
- How is Microsoft doing at updating Mango apps?
- Is the Zune dead?
- iPhone 4s (opens in new tab) - come on, we have to discuss it
- Comments from last week/time (opens in new tab)
- Live questions
You can find us all on Twitter @wpcentral (opens in new tab); @malatesta77 (opens in new tab); @coppertop004 (opens in new tab); @RichEdmonds (opens in new tab); @JayTBennett (opens in new tab); @segacon
Thanks to the WPCentral Store (opens in new tab) for sponsoring the podcast. Thanks also to these great artists for the music and to CCMixter.org (opens in new tab) for offering a great database of Creative Commons music!
Daniel Rubino is the Executive Editor of Windows Central, head reviewer, podcast co-host, and analyst. He has been covering Microsoft here since 2007, back when this site was called WMExperts (and later Windows Phone Central). His interests include Windows, Microsoft Surface, laptops, next-gen computing, and arguing with people on the internet.
Great to have the podcast back! Another great show.
I wasn't paying attention when I updated my v1.3 Focus to Mango, so I'm not sure that the Samsung drivers got installed. The firmware is listed as 2126.96.36.199.7. I have downloaded a few compass apps and all of them indicate "This app uses features your phone doesn't have." Furthermore, when I use my camera, tapping the screen allows me to take a photo, but I'm not sure my phone is focusing in the area that I'm tapping on.1. How do I know if the Samsung drivers got installed? I tried to view the logs of the install, but updatewp.exe got deleted when I updated the Windows Phone Support tool.2. If I determine that I *am* missing the drivers, how do I install them. I have already checked for updates and Zune tells me my phone is up to date.
Thanks to the fine folks @ XDA Developers, I was able to install the missing Samsung drivers: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1306969
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.