Has it not been one of the most hectic days of the calendar year in the Windows Phone community? We've had a massive amount of news to get through today including the launch of the web Marketplace and the rollout of Mango - first the US and then Internationally. We've also had a superb option to force the Mango update for many who simply can't wait. Also, before we crack on with the summary, be sure to note that the WPCentral app has been mango'd.
Want to try out some other Mango-fied apps? See our growing best-of list right here.
So who's onboard with the update thus far carrier-wise? Almost every operator is rolling out the update including AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon, Vodafone, O2, Orange, Three, SFR and many more (let's not forget unlocked handsets). However, there are a few that aren't up-to-scratch (according to Where's My Update?):
- SFR is not updating the Samsung Omnia 7
- Telefonica is still testing the update
- Deutsche Telekom is not updating the Samsung Omnia 7
- AT&T: The HTC HD7S is currently Scheduling, while the Samsung Focus v. 1.4 is Testing and the Dell Venue Pro is in Planning.
In the official announcement this morning, published by Eric Hautala, it was stated that the team looks to start the rollout of the update out to 98% of existing users today on different devices, with different carriers and in different countries. However, to help combat any problems and issues with firmware and updates from manufacturers, only 10% of customers will actually receive the update this week. After that the team will raise the bar to 25% and after a few weeks everyone will be able to receive the update.
So when will you receive it? Any time within the next few weeks. If you really can't wait then we suggest you follow our steps to force the update through Zune. To help you along if you've only just arrived, we've collected some interesting resources you'll want to check out that sums up today perfectly. Head on past the break for the links.
- Running leaked RTM build? No problem it seems
- Windows Phone Web Marketplace starts to go live around the world
- Microsoft's Where's My Phone Update? page gets a refresh--Mango scheduled worldwide
- Microsoft launches Scrapbook powered by Bing and Windows Phone to keep track of your memories
- New unified My Windows Phone page brings all your accounts together
- Official: Mango rolling out across all US carriers
- Official: Mango rolling out Internationally too
- It's Official, HTC Radar 4G heading to T-Mobile
- Force Mango update early through Zune software and avoid frostbite
- More details surrounding tethering and the web Marketplace -->
- Developers get more with Mango [Developers]
- New Windows Phone Mango advert -->
- LG Optimus 7 (E-900) Update Error
- Even the Samsung Taylor original developer device gets Mango
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Rich Edmonds was formerly a Senior Editor of PC hardware at Windows Central, covering everything related to PC components and NAS. He's been involved in technology for more than a decade and knows a thing or two about the magic inside a PC chassis. You can follow him on Twitter at @RichEdmonds.