- Stream with the Official WPCentral App (opens Zune)
- Download it directly with this link
- Subscribe on your Zune
- Subscribe via iTunes
- Subscribe directly to the Podcast feed with your favorite Podcatcher here
- Listen to it here with the flash player above.
We're back for another action packed podcast, this time we have video not only working but in higher quality to boot (you can watch that after the break, if you so wish). Lots of hardware news, some piracy controversy, Carrier IQ, Jay gets a Nokia Lumia 800 and more all coming up!
Full show notes and video after the jump!
- Official Nokia-Deadmau5 event now available in HD
- Nokia Hong Kong creates a giant Windows Phone out of 550 Windows Phones
- Microsoft's Joe Belfiore confirms no Carrier IQ software on Windows Phones
- Windows Phone Marketplace works...pirated software promptly removed
- Not all phone storage is born equal
- AT&T has sold out the HTC Titan but now back
- AT&T Dell Venue Pro finally getting Mango update
- Windows Phone 7740 update being pushed out for Lumia 800, Omnia 7/International HTC Titan getting 7740 update too
- HTC Titan's graphics stutter tied to SRS Enhancement?
- Is AT&T dialing back 4G speeds on Windows Phones?
- Rainbow Rapture receives massive Mango update, ringtones and wallpaper
- geoDefense is the Deal of the Week. Ghostscape and Shuffle Party are the new Xbox LIVE titles.
- Mini Squadron escapes from the Bermuda Triangle, coming to Xbox Live soon
- Dance Central 2
- Tip: Microsoft releases emoji cheat-sheet for you texting nerds
- Sloppy AT&T store uses original Focus for Focus S display
This has been a Mobile Nations podcast, go to Mobilenations.com for more great shows covering everything mobile. Thanks to the WPCentral Store for sponsoring the podcast. Thanks also to these great artists for the music and toCCMixter.org for offering a great database of Creative Commons music!
Daniel Rubino is the Executive Editor of Windows Central, head reviewer, podcast co-host, and analyst. He has been covering Microsoft here since 2007, back when this site was called WMExperts (and later Windows Phone Central). His interests include Windows, Microsoft Surface, laptops, next-gen computing, and arguing with people on the internet.
If I were to search for this podcast on my Windows Phone marketplace, what do I search by? Couldn't find it last night.
WPCentral Pocast. But understand, once we publish it takes a few hours for Zune to catch up--it's not instant. Ep 132 though is certainly listed there now.
Hey Dan.. I've got 210 on Shuffle party :P
I feel like this should be a WPCentral wide contest...
Great podcast boys. Biscut hehheh.
I don't see it listed on your show notes, but the story about developers wanting native-code access in WP7 was the most interesting to me. In the story you state native-code access was not included due to "revolve around OS-stability and security. Now, Microsoft seems to be seriously considering opening up some native code to developers."
Do you think Microsoft made the right decision? It's annoying to me that Apple seems to give developers the access they need to make great games, while Microsoft doesn't. But then again I've read reports that Infinity Blade is causing the iPhone4 to crash.
Do you know if Windows8 ARM tablets will have this same problem going against the iPad2/iPad3. Or is that a totally different situation?
WP7 native-code access story: http://www.wpcentral.com/native-code-access-radar-windows-phone-developers
Infity Blade causes crashes http://www.theverge.com/2011/12/2/2605958/infinity-blade-2-crash-ipad-ipod-touch
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.