Xbox licensed Turtle Beach Stealth 420X wireless headset launches July 18
Turtle Beach announced the launch date of their new Stealth 420X headset this morning, bringing the company's wireless Xbox headset count to 3. The 420X launches tomorrow on July 18.
Unlike the premium Stealth 500X and Elite 800X headsets, the new 420X is targeting the more affordable end of the spectrum, clocking in at $149.95.
The 500X and 800X also boast wireless connectivity, utilizing USB-powered wireless transmitters with digital-optical cabling to connect to the Xbox One. The 420X uses a more discrete USB dongle to connect instead, which could be preferable in some set-ups.
Turtle Beach list the 420X's features as follows:
- 100% Fully Wireless – No wires anywhere. Experience crystal clear game and chat audio using the latest, intelligent channel-hopping technology for interference-free wireless gaming.
- Simple Setup – One simple-to-set-up USB connection to the Xbox One and players' wireless gaming dreams come true.
- STOP SHOUTING! – Mic Monitoring lets players hear their own voice in the headset to avoid shouting.
- Game & Chat Volume Control – Independent game audio and chat audio controls allow players to tune the mix to their preference.
- Lightweight & Comfortable Headset Design – An updated over-ear headset design with supple, perforated synthetic leather-wrapped ear-cups provides superior comfort and improved bass response.
- Mic Check – A high-sensitivity, adjustable boom mic picks-up voice audio loud and clear. Remove the mic to enjoy mobile/tablet gaming, as well as listening to music and watching movies.
- 15 Hour Rechargeable Battery – A built-in rechargeable battery delivers up to 15 hours of wireless gaming.
- Audio Presets & Voice Prompts – Four Turtle Beach audio presets and audible voice prompts from the headset tell gamers what setting they've selected.
The Turtle Beach Stealth 420X will be available from tomorrow for $149.95 / £149.99 / €199.99, and we'll have a full review coming soon.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Jez Corden a Managing Editor at Windows Central, focusing primarily on all things Xbox and gaming. Jez is known for breaking exclusive news and analysis as relates to the Microsoft ecosystem while being powered by caffeine. Follow on Twitter @JezCorden and listen to his Xbox Two podcast, all about, you guessed it, Xbox!