What you need to know
- Microsoft is rolling out a select set of features from the Xbox October Update for Insiders to check out.
- The updates bring several improvements to things like wish lists, Mixer, and more.
- These features are available for Alpha testers right now. Beta, Delta, and Omega rings will get these features in the "coming weeks."
Microsoft today announced that a select set of features set to debut in the Xbox October Update are now available for Insiders to test out. The features offer a preview of what's coming in October, including updates to the wish list feature, Mixer improvements, and more.
The improvements in this update are quite varied. For the wish list feature, the October Update will bring notifications for when items on your wish list get discounted. If you like watching Mixer on your Xbox One, the viewing experience will be integrated directly into the dashboard with the October Update, eliminating the need to open a separate app.
Here's a quick rundown of some of the other notable additions available to test out now:
- Recent Players Improvements: We've made significant improvements to the Recent Players experience. The service is now more reliable and allows you to connect with other gamers instantly. You can now more quickly and easily engage with your Recent Players, whether you are sending a message, inviting players to a party, or adding them to your Friends List.
- More Flexible Capture Settings: We heard your feedback on wanting more control over your game capture experience. The "Allow game captures" setting now has multiple options, giving you a choice of what types of captures can be taken. You may now select between '"Captures by me," "Captures by me or games," or "Don't capture."
- Recommend a Game Pass Title: If you've ever found yourself recommending these spectacular games to your friends, with the 1910 update, Game Pass users will have the option to do so directly from their Xbox One console. Discover your next favorite game and bring your friends along for the ride in October.
- Under-the-Hood Game Update Improvements: With 1910, players can jump into their favorite games even faster! We've added improvements, based on your feedback, to background game updates, resulting in players encountering the "update required" screen less frequently upon launching a title.
Alpha ring testers are the first to get these updates, and they're available to test now. Microsoft says that Beta, Delta, and Omega ring testers will get access to these updates "in the coming weeks" ahead of their broader release. Additionally, Microsoft says select Xbox Insiders may see some new features that aren't documented just yet.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Update 6: Microsoft wants all of TikTok, but Trump's order may interfere
The Financial Times reports that as part of negotiations, Microsoft is now inquiring whether it can buy all of TikTok, instead of just the business in the US., Canada, Australia, and New Zealand. This new plan would include India and Europe (and excluding China).
Apple responds to Project xCloud iOS block, Microsoft kicks back
With Microsoft's Project xCloud streaming platform locked out from iOS devices, Apple doubles down on App Store restrictions.
Fresh Surface Duo renders are here, reportedly coming to AT&T
Microsoft hasn't exactly been camera shy with the Surface Duo, but a new set of renders have leaked that offer an even closer look at the device. Alongside the leaked images, the leaker says Duo will be headed to AT&T in the U.S.
These 5 cheap external drives pair perfectly with Xbox One
These external hard drives upgrade your Xbox One storage without breaking the bank.