What you need to know
- The Xbox PC app allows players to grab games on Xbox Game Pass for PC, check notifications and more.
- While the app is in beta testing for everyone, a new version has been added to Windows Gaming Flight.
- This version of the app is aimed at reducing memory usage and increasing overall performance.
- It's available right now for players using the Xbox Insider Hub.
While the Xbox PC app is available in beta for everyone to download and use right now, a new version is being added to the Windows Gaming Flight (opens in new tab). The goal for this test is to enhance the overall performance users get with the app, decrease the size of installation packages and decrease the app's memory usage.
The Xbox PC app allows players to check out games on Xbox Game Pass for PC (Beta), take a look at notifications, chat with friends and more. If you're interested in trying out this new preview, you can find it by joining the Windows Gaming Flight in the Xbox Insider Hub.
Check it out
By installing the Xbox Insider Hub and becoming an Xbox Insider, you'll be allowed to test different versions of apps and features ahead of their release.
All you can play
More games than you'll ever need
Microsoft's Netflix-style subscription service serves over 100 varied titles for a monthly fee and will include Xbox Series X titles at launch. From hit franchises to experimental indies, Xbox Game Pass has value for all.
Xbox (opens in new tab)
- What is Xbox Game Pass?
- Best 4K TVs for Xbox Series X and S
- Must-buy Xbox One Headsets
- Our Favorite Xbox One Wireless Headsets
- Best Upcoming Xbox Games for 2021
- Xbox One X vs. Xbox Series S
Xbox Game Pass for PC, definitive name ?
Definitively needs to reconstruct Windows Store.
I don't follow? It's Xbox Game Pass, but for PC gamers. What's wrong with that? Xbox isn't the box under your TV anymore.
Xbox is not PC.
Probably there are many games with caracteristics for PC keyboard.
There are games as Warcraft, for example.
If there aren't difference (3 or 4 games), we can do use the same name Xbox Game Pass for the devices.
Xbox is now more than a console, it's a multi-platform and multi-brand ecosystem. So it makes sense to keep naming it Xbox even if it's Game Pass for PC, because it's the Xbox Game Pass, not a generic Game Pass.
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.