What you need to know
- Microsoft recently introduced a game stories feature for its Xbox apps.
- The feature allows official brands to share content in a way similar to the "Stories" feature on other social media platforms.
- Game stories are available on the iOS and Android Xbox apps.
The Xbox app for iOS and Android has a new feature that makes it easy to check out videos and updates from gaming brands. The feature is called "game stories," and it works similarly to stories on other social media platforms, such as Facebook and Snapchat. A major difference between game stories and similar features on other platforms is that only official brands can share content through the Xbox app.
For example, the makers of a game like Halo Infinite could share a reveal trailer in a story. Devs can also share patch notes to make sure that players are up to date.
The Xbox Twitter account highlighted the new feature yesterday.
Updates to the iOS and Android Xbox apps appear to have already rolled out with support for game stories. Here's the changelog from Microsoft:
- Keep up with your favourite games by checking out official game posts in a new mobile-first experience.
- Engage with the community! See what people are saying in the comments – add your own and share with friends.
- Reliability and consistency improvements
People can like, share, and comment on game stories as well, providing a way to interact even though the feature only lets official game brands post.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.