What you need to know
- XSplit has launched Gamecaster V4.
- The update focuses on features that make it easy to get stream layouts set up going.
- XSplit Gamecaster V4 is available now as a free download.
XSplit today introduced Gamecaster V4, the latest major update to its game streaming and recording tool. This update places the focus on making it even easier to get streams set up and running, with a particular emphasis on easy theme planning, one-touch setup for stream settings, and viewer interactivity.
Here's a quick look at some of the key features in version 4, from XSplit:
- Simple Setup. Start live streaming or recording at the click of a button. XSplit Gamecaster automatically adjusts all of the necessary encoding settings to ensure your stream is of the highest quality and performance.
- Stay in the Game. Gamecaster's in-game HUD makes it easy to control your recording from one screen. Creators can start and stop their broadcast, toggle between scenes, interact with chat, and check out recent events and stats to help increase audience interaction.
- Custom Themes. Choose from more than 300 beautifully-designed themes or take control and build your own theme from scratch with Gamecaster's powerful and fully-customizable editor to make your videos truly unique.
- Build Your Community. Add follower alerts, donation trackers, subscriber goals, GIFs, and more to engage your community.
- Cloud Storage. Gamecaster stores all of your custom themes in the cloud, keeping your projects safe whether you are formatting your PC or broadcasting away from home.
XSplit Gamecaster features integrations with Twitch, YouTube, Mixer, Facebook, and Twitter, allowing you to share streams and videos easily directly from within the program. Gamecaster V4 is available to download for free now, or as part of a paid license bundled with XSplit Broadcaster, XSplit VCam, and XSplit Video Editor.
Dan Thorp-Lancaster is the Editor in Chief for Windows Central. He began working with Windows Central as a news writer in 2014 and is obsessed with tech of all sorts. You can follow Dan on Twitter @DthorpL and Instagram @heyitsdtl. Got a hot tip? Send it to email@example.com.
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.