How do I use custom player skins in Minecraft?
One of the coolest parts of Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta is the ability to upload a custom skin for your player. These skins can be created by you, or they can be chosen from a list of pre-made designs.
Here's how to swap out the stock player skin with a custom skin of your choice!
How to create your own skin
The website minecraftskins.com has an excellent skin editor you can use to make whatever skin you want.
- Launch your favorite web browser from your Start menu, desktop, or taskbar.
- Navigate to www.minecraftskins.com/skin-editor/.
Click a color from the color wheel.
- Click squares on the player model to apply the color.
Click the eraser button.
- Click any colored squares you want to erase.
Click and drag a blank space beside the model to rotate it.
- Click the Download to Computer button when you're happy with your skin.
- Click Save.
How to download a pre-made skin
The website minecraftskins.com hosts a ton of skins made by other fans of Minecraft — you can download them and upload them into Minecraft. Here's how to download a premade skin.
- Launch your favorite web browser from the Start menu, desktop, or taskbar.
- Navigate to www.minecraftskins.com.
Click a skin that interest you. In this case, we choose Turtle.
- Click the Download button. Make sure the file you're downloading is a PNG file.
Click Save. The skin will be, by default, saved to your Downloads folder.
How to upload a skin into Minecraft
Now that you've either created a new skin or downloaded a pre-made skin, you can upload it into Minecraft.
- Launch Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta from your desktop, Start menu, or taskbar.
- Click the hanger button located beneath your character's avatar.
Click the blank model beneath the Default field.
- Click Choose New Skin.
Navigate to your Downloads folder or wherever you saved your custom skin.
- Click the skin you want to upload.
- Click the model type that looks best.
Click Confirm Skin.
That's it! You now have a custom skin for your Minecraft player.
Your custom skin
Do you use a custom skin for your player? Let us know which one in the comments section below!