HP is continuing to improve the Elite x3 running Windows 10 Mobile. A new firmware (it's fifth) is now available 0002.0000.0026.0118 and there is even a changelog to go with it. That's a jump from the current 0113 version that came out just a few weeks ago.
Here is what's new.
HP Elite x3 Firmware 0118
- Photo quality in full dark environment with flash on is improved.
- Auto focus tuning updates.
- APN configurations updated for Orange, MegaFone, Vodafone
- Memory utilization is optimized.
- Performance of application launches is improved.
- HP Elite x3 Barcode Scanner Jacket is supported.
We're just firing up our update now to see how much better things really are with the update.
As usual, if you are in the Insider Fast Ring you may not see the update, which is a known issue with the Elite x3 for some specific reason. If that is the case your best bet is to roll back using Windows Device Recovery Tool (WDRT), grab the firmware, and then jump back into the Fast Ring. That method does require a hard-reset, unfortunately.
For more information head into our Elite x3 user forums!
Thanks, csw43, for the changelog and Thomas N. for the tip!