The combined Mail and Calendar apps for Windows 10 on PC and Mobile have seen a number of updates and new features added since the app officially launched in late July 2015. Microsoft says that it will continue to add new improvements to the app, and has already added two ways for users to check on its latest features.
In a blog post, Rachel Sirkin and Vivek Kumar from the Mail and Calendar apps teams go over some of the improvements that have been added to the app since launch. They include Linked Inboxes for multiple accounts, more customiztion options and better integration with Windows 10 features such as Cortana, live tiles and more. It also lists some additional features that were included recently for Windows Insiders:
- Drag and drop attachments into your email messages
- Print week view in Calendar (more views are coming soon)
- Turn off message preview text in the message list
- Get rid of junk email with right-click 'Move to Junk'
- Let others know "I'll be late" directly from meeting notifications
Microsoft also added two new features to the apps that were designed specifically to give more information about updates for users:
- Spotlight: We added a new in-app feature called Spotlight, that gives you the highlights in major updates. Here we will showcase our top new features that we hope you'll check out.
- What's New: For those of you who like more detail, check out the What's New page under Settings with the app. Here we'll note the latest features and improvements released early to Windows Insiders as well as those that have been released to everyone.
What additional features do you think should be included in future updates for Mail and Calendar on Window 10? Let us know in the comments!