343 Industries has just released the latest content update for Halo: The Master Chief Collection on Xbox One. Today's update continues to improve the matchmaking experience for players. The best part of today's update? Matches will only start when the teams are even. We're also getting Halo 4's Spartan Ops mode in today's update! Can I get a hallelujah?
Here's the full and complete changelog for the latest update to The Master Chief Collection:
- Added the entirety of Halo 4's Spartan Ops mode
- Made an update to make sure a match only starts when teams are even.
- Players will now receive a 'loss' when disconnecting before a round has ended.
- Made an update to include all split screen players in vote tally.
- Resolved an issue that caused players to become stuck "Joining Session."
- Resolved an issue where players could be dropped from matchmaking after disconnecting their controller.
General Multiplayer Updates:
- Made additional improvements to Halo: CE hit registration.
- Made an update to the "Halo 2: Anniversary Career Progress" page to ensure achievements are correctly tracked.
- Fixed an issue where it took a long time to join players that are in a Multiplayer lobby.
General UI/Menu Updates:
- Made additional improvements to Roster update times.
- Fixed Halo 3 game type text when viewing saved data in "My Files".
Halo 2: Anniversary Campaign:
- Fixed an issue where the 'Black Eye Skull' incorrectly prevented players from reaching checkpoints.
- Fixed an issue where cross-game playlists could fail to progress to the next level.
- Made several fixes to Campaign Playlist Carnage Reports.
- Fixed an issue where Halo 3 Cooperative Playlist progress would not save correctly when completing a mission.
- Made changes to ensure that Competitive Scoring and Timing are tracked correctly in Halo CE and Halo 2 Campaign Playlists.
Stats & Medals:
- Made updates to improve stat tracking.
- Fixed an issue where the "Steaktacular" medal would not be correctly awarded in Halo 3.
- Fixed an issue where the "Supercombine" medal would be incorrectly awarded in the Halo 4 Campaign.
- Made an update to ensure that the "Flaming Ninja Anniversary" achievement unlocks when prerequisites are met.
- Updated the Halo 2 "Boxer" Button Layout.
- Updated the Halo 4 "Legacy" Thumbstick Layout.
- Made several updates to improve overall game stability.
The biggest addition to today's update is a tie between even teams and the addition of the Spartan Ops mode. I'm personally more excited that teams will be even going forward. After the past few updates to The Master Chief Collection we should hopefully see a smoother experience.
Grab today's update and let us know what you think! Don't forget that 343 Industries promised a few things for those who put up with the launch pains of The Master Chief Collection. We'll be getting Halo 3: ODST, a new Halo 2: Anniversary map and more as part of a collection of freebies for all their mistakes.
Source: 343 Industrires