We’ve reviewed the Nokia Lumia Icon a few days ago and showed you the cool case Nokia sent it in, but now we have the actual retail packaging. This is the packaging you’ll receive when you buy an Icon from Verizon. The device is available on February 20th for $199 with 2-year contract.
Head past the break to watch our unboxing video.
The box is primarily red with white text. There are Verizon and Nokia logos embossed on the outer sleeve. The sleeve also describes on the back what the package contains:
- Nokia Lumia Icon
- Pre-installed SIM Card
- Non-removable Battery
- Wall/USB Charger
- Data Cable
- Quick Reference Guide
- Product Safety & Warranty Brochure
- Global Support Brochure
What’s interesting is that the label mentions NOK929W. The Lumia Icon was originally going to be called the Nokia Lumia 929. You can still see this name in the phone settings, but this device is officially called the Nokia Lumia Icon.
When you open the box, you see the Lumia Icon right away wrapped in plastic cover. The display is also covered with a piece of plastic labeling various buttons like the camera key, power, volume, back, home, or search.
Placed below the Lumia Icon are the reference guide and brochures. We admit we usually skip reading these documents, but you might find something interesting. Underneath, there’s the wall charger and USB cable. Earphones are not included in the packaging, so you’ll need to use your own to listen to music.
Nokia Lumia Icon specifications
- Windows Phone 8
- Lumia Black firmware
- 5-inch full HD 1080p OLED display, ClearBlack, Sunlight readability, Glare-free, Super sensitive touch, Gorilla Glass 3
- Pixel density: 440 ppi
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 Quad-Core processor, 2.2 GHz
- Adreno 330 GPU
- Camera: 20 MP PureView, ZEISS optics, OIS, 2x lossless zoom, oversampling, dual LED flash
- 2 GB RAM
- 32 GB internal storage (no micro SD)
- Bluetooth 4.0 LE
- 2420 mAh internal battery with Qi wireless charging
- Dimensions: 5.39 x 2.79 x 0.39 in
- Weight: 166g /5.86 oz
- Nano SIM
- Networks: LTE: 700MHz; SVLTE Band 13; Band 4; CDMA: 3G EVDO 850/1900 Rev A with Rx Diversity; Global Ready: GSM (850MHz, 900MHz, 1800MHz, 1900MHz) UMTS (850MHz, 900MHz, 1900MHz, 2100MHz)
What do you think of the Nokia Lumia Icon packaging from Verizon? Let us know in the comments! Also, make sure to read our full Nokia Lumia Icon review in case you missed it.