What you need to know
- 343 Industries has outlined the development plans it has for Halo: The Master Chief Collection in 2021.
- Numerous quality-of-life features, such as PC File Share and Additional Video Settings, are on the way.
- Other features, such as PC splitscreen and additional mod support, are currently either in the design phase or are in the studio's backlog.
- Additionally, new armor sets that players can earn in Season 5 were also teased.
In its final MCC Development Update blog post of 2020, Halo developer 343 Industries gave players a comprehensive look at what's coming to Halo: The Master Chief Collection in 2021. Numerous quality-of-life improvements and features are actively in development, while some are currently either being designed or are in the studio's backlog. Here's a list of everything in active development by 343 Industries, as well as when each feature is expected to make it to the live game:
- View Model Adjustment for all games: On track for early 2021
- Steam Account Linking: On track for early 2021
- In-Game FPS Cap/Adjustments: More options coming in 2021
- PC File Share: On track for early 2021
- Additional Video Settings/Options: More options coming in 2021
- Custom Game Browser: On track for early 2021
- Double Key Binds for all games: On track for early 2021
- Per Game Audio Options: This should be in flights in early 2021
- Bringing PC Features to Console (Like FOV Sliders): More information to come
In addition, 343 Industries is also working on designing additional mod support, additional accessibility support, and HDR support on PC. Idle system improvements and support for PC splitscreen is coming as well, but for now 343 Industries has these features in the backlog.
Finally, 343 Industries also teased some new armor sets coming to the game in the upcoming Season 5. I'm not really a fan of them myself, but I'm sure someone out there will like them.
Overall, it's exciting to see the MCC get even more improvements after all of the excellent work 343 Industries has done with the game in 2020 already. Considering the wait for Halo Infinite is going to be a long one (its new release date is Fall 2021) it's awesome that Halo fans will at least have the MCC to tide them over. Make sure to sign up for the Halo Insider Program to help the developers test some of these quality-of-life changes out!
Halo: The Master Chief Collection is available now for $40 on Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One consoles, and Windows 10 PCs. We highly recommend picking the game up, as it offers all of the pre-Xbox One Halo games for an incredible price while also including remastered versions of Halo: Combat Evolved and Halo 2. This solidifies it as one of the best Xbox One shooters out there.
Finish the Fight
Experience the entirety of Halo history
The Master Chief Collection is a collection of every Halo shooter from the pre-Xbox One era, offering incredible value at an incredible price.
Anyone else have an issue where it loads into a mp game but puts you back on a loading screen as you are about to go into a game. If you leave it when the game finishes it but you back in the lobby. I get this every 2 of 3 games. Can't seem to fix it or see anyone who has raised this fault.
So many years and workink for nothing until now.
No imagination for Halo on PC.
Graphic Tools, VR, IA ...
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.