What you need to know
- AMD's latest driver brings up to a 10 percent increase for Control.
- The new shooter has unique combat mechanics and gorgeous visuals.
- Control launches August 27, 2019 on Xbox One and PC.
AMD's latest driver update brings up to a 10 percent increase in performance for Control, a new third-person shooter with unique combat mechanics. It's a demanding PC game, so the performance improvements will be welcomed by PC gamers.
The release notes for the 19.8.2 update list the increase to Control performance among other updates.
- Up to 10% performance improvement in Control running DirectX® 11 on Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition version 19.8.2 vs. 19.8.1.RS-309
- Man of Medan™
- Radeon RX 5700 series graphics support for HDCP®2.3.
In addition to the improvements for Control, the update also fixes several issues:
- Rocket League™ may experience an application hang on performing a task switch.
- League of Legends™ may experience slower than expected performance when performing a task switch.
- System instability may be experienced on Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products when performing memory overclocking while a 3D application is running.
- Minor stutter may be experienced during the first few minutes of Fortnite™ gameplay.
You can read the full release notes from AMD, including all of the update's known issues and notes.
We recently reviewed Control ahead of its launch. The game features unique combat mechanics, live-action film, and an "excellent story premise" according to our reviewer, Brendan Lowry, though Lowry also highlights some areas that the game falls short.
Death by supernatural causes
Control is a third-person shooter from the makers of Quantum Break with unique combat mechanics, gorgeous visuals, and an excellent story premise.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Sean Endicott brings nearly a decade of experience covering Microsoft and Windows news to Windows Central. He joined our team in 2017 as an app reviewer and now heads up our day-to-day news coverage. If you have a news tip or an app to review, hit him up at email@example.com.