The recent release of Microsoft's racing sim game Forza Motorsport 6 for the Xbox One included a virtual version of the new Ford GT super sporscar. Now the car maker has created a concept for Microsoft's recently released Xbox Elite Wireless Controller that's based on the Ford GT.
Here's a look at the features of this concept design:
- Xbox Elite Wireless Controller is a one-off design exercise from the Xbox Hardware team inspired by the Ford GT and the release of Forza Motorsport 6 which features the Ford GT on the cover.
- Carbon Fiber case parts create rigidity and lightness in the controller, the same way it is used on the GT chassis.
- Custom metallic paint job matched to Ford's specifications.
- Left thumbstick shape inspired by the GT steering wheel and angled towards the player for a more ergonomic experience. A horizontal movement limiter also ensures efficiency and accuracy in steering.
- Custom paddles inspired by the steering column paddles shifters on the GT. Program them on your Xbox One to shift up, down and even to engage the clutch.
- See through battery door and custom battery pack inspired by the engine compartment and EcoBoost V6 engine.
- Cutaway brake and accelerator triggers reveal the impulse motors that give Forza Motorsport 6 its realistic feel.
Since this is a concept, there's no word if this version of the controller will ever go on sale
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
See the Microsoft Surface Duo’s dual-screen Android OS in action
A new video with a render shows the Surface Duo's Android OS in action on dual screens. The footage comes from the new Surface Duo SDK, which looks great even at this early stage.
You can now download the Surface Duo preview SDK from Microsoft
Microsoft released the first set of dual-screen preview SDKs today. One of the SDKs is for the Surface Duo, which allows developers to work on optimizing content for the Surface Duo.
Office 365 ProPlus users will have a Bing search extension forced on them
Office 365 ProPlus users will see Bing become the default search engine within Chrome soon, and people are not happy about it. People on Reddit and Github expressed their frustrations with the move, calling it browser hijacking.
These 5 cheap external drives pair perfectly with Xbox One
These external hard drives upgrade your Xbox One storage without breaking the bank.