The recent release of Microsoft's racing sim game Forza Motorsport 6 for the Xbox One included a virtual version of the new Ford GT super sporscar. Now the car maker has created a concept for Microsoft's recently released Xbox Elite Wireless Controller that's based on the Ford GT.
Here's a look at the features of this concept design:
- Xbox Elite Wireless Controller is a one-off design exercise from the Xbox Hardware team inspired by the Ford GT and the release of Forza Motorsport 6 which features the Ford GT on the cover.
- Carbon Fiber case parts create rigidity and lightness in the controller, the same way it is used on the GT chassis.
- Custom metallic paint job matched to Ford's specifications.
- Left thumbstick shape inspired by the GT steering wheel and angled towards the player for a more ergonomic experience. A horizontal movement limiter also ensures efficiency and accuracy in steering.
- Custom paddles inspired by the steering column paddles shifters on the GT. Program them on your Xbox One to shift up, down and even to engage the clutch.
- See through battery door and custom battery pack inspired by the engine compartment and EcoBoost V6 engine.
- Cutaway brake and accelerator triggers reveal the impulse motors that give Forza Motorsport 6 its realistic feel.
Since this is a concept, there's no word if this version of the controller will ever go on sale
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Everything we know about Resident Evil Village (so far)
Capcom's next survival-horror title may be Resident Evil 8. Related rumors indicate a first-person setting, some returning characters and more.
Office.com is getting a pretty snazzy new look
Microsoft has started rolling out a new look for its Office web portal for commercial customers. Presumably, the new look will head out to regular Microsoft 365 subscribers at some point, but Microsoft hasn't formally announced the redesign yet.
Microsoft is reportedly considering buying the WB Games division
Microsoft is reportedly considering a bid on Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. Previously, Take-Two Interactive, Electronic Arts and Activision were all reportedly interested as well.
Fix up your Xbox Elite Controller with these parts
Need some replacement parts for your Xbox One Elite Controller? From new paddles, grips, bumpers, thumbsticks, and more, we have you covered.