The recent release of Microsoft's racing sim game Forza Motorsport 6 for the Xbox One included a virtual version of the new Ford GT super sporscar. Now the car maker has created a concept for Microsoft's recently released Xbox Elite Wireless Controller that's based on the Ford GT.
Here's a look at the features of this concept design:
- Xbox Elite Wireless Controller is a one-off design exercise from the Xbox Hardware team inspired by the Ford GT and the release of Forza Motorsport 6 which features the Ford GT on the cover.
- Carbon Fiber case parts create rigidity and lightness in the controller, the same way it is used on the GT chassis.
- Custom metallic paint job matched to Ford's specifications.
- Left thumbstick shape inspired by the GT steering wheel and angled towards the player for a more ergonomic experience. A horizontal movement limiter also ensures efficiency and accuracy in steering.
- Custom paddles inspired by the steering column paddles shifters on the GT. Program them on your Xbox One to shift up, down and even to engage the clutch.
- See through battery door and custom battery pack inspired by the engine compartment and EcoBoost V6 engine.
- Cutaway brake and accelerator triggers reveal the impulse motors that give Forza Motorsport 6 its realistic feel.
Since this is a concept, there's no word if this version of the controller will ever go on sale
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.