RainbowMod? Sounds familiar, right? We previously covered a custom ROM for the Lumia 710 sharing an identical name, and now it's out for the Lumia 800. Built on Windows Phone "Tango" (7.10.8773.98) and based on Chinese firmware, RainbowMod is shipped with both English (US) and Russian languages.
It's required that the owner has configured the Qualcomm boot loader on their Lumia 800. So what's included in RainbowMod?
- Full Unlock from UltraShot
- Removed OEM applications (Nokia Drive, Maps, etc.)
- Search key remapping
- QuickLaunch menu for quick switching state of WiFi, 3G, Flight mode, Power save, etc.
- Ability to access file system via WiFi/USB
- Integrated Live ID, DppImplant no longer needed, but new key can also be banned
- Orientation locker
- Added multiple colour themes
- Easy installation xap from browser or file manager
- Unlocked Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn accounts (limitation of Chinese firmware)
- Added Google and Yandex search engines
- xb0xmod cert for cab-updates
- Lots of minor changes
- Updatability via Zune (not guaranteed)
It must be noted that the ROM creator does not own a Lumia 800, and thus this may well bust a cap in your Lumia's ass. Windows Phone Central takes no responsibility for any damage caused to your device. Proceed with caution and at your own risk. Head on over to the XDA thread for more information and support.
Source: XDA; thanks Maersk for the heads up!
PS5 games prices are higher than Xbox — but is that a good thing?
Sony's PlayStation 5 reveal came with some big caveats, and one of the most overlooked ones is the fact that games will be more expensive, seemingly across the board. Should Microsoft and Xbox jump on that train as well?
Review: Gigabyte's Z490 AORUS ULTRA is a gorgeous Intel motherboard
Gigabyte's Z490 AORUS ULTRA is a motherboard you should consider for a 10th or 11th Gen Intel-powered PC. On paper, it has plenty going for it, including amazing power design and cooling, passively cooled M.2 slots and good overclocking support.
You can get the Windows 10 October 2020 update early – here's how
In this guide, we'll show you the steps to upgrade your computer to the final release of the Windows 10 October 2020 Update before it's officially available to everyone.
These are the best CPUs for playing Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020
Having the best CPU you can afford installed will let you enjoy Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 at whole new levels. This is why we've rounded up the best picks from AMD and Intel to help you get started.