What you need to know
- Cyberpunk 2077 is an ambitious open world sci-fi RPG from CD Projekt RED, the creators of the Witcher 3.
- The game will feature an original soundtrack, comprised of several known artists like Grimes, Run the Jewels, and more.
- New information about Cyberpunk 2077's soundtrack have been revealed, which will feature radio stations similar to other open world games.
- Real world artists contribute original songs to Cyberpunk 2077, under in-game pseudonyms and personas.
Cyberpunk 2077 is an incredibly ambitious project from CD Projekt RED, the creators of the legendary Witcher 3 fantasy RPG, which is set in a dark, dystopian city with its own history, culture, and...music. Cyberpunk 2077 will feature an original soundtrack with music from real world artists like Grimes, Run the Jewels, Raney Shockne, and much more, some of which are already available to listen to on Cyberpunk 2077's YouTube channel.
A new report from Pitchfork spills even more details on this elusive game's soundtrack, revealing that it will feature radio stations, similar to games like GTA V and Watch Dogs: Legion, with original music from real world artists, disguised under in-game pseudonyms. Grimes, for example, becomes "Lizzy Wizzy," while Run the Jewels become "Yankee and the Brave."
You can check out the latest original soundtrack from Cyberpunk 2077 above, and find the full list of Volume 1 and Volume 2 soundtracks below, along with the real world creators and their in-game counterparts, courtesy of Pitchfork. Volume 1 will reportedly release on December 11, 2020, with Volume 2 following close behind on December 18.
There's a good chance we'll learn more about Cyberpunk 2077's soundtrack, possibly with some new songs to listen to, tomorrow during Night City Wire Episode 5.
- Run the Jewels (Yankee and the Brave) - "No Save Point"
- SOPHIE / Shygirl (Clockwork Venus) - "BM"
- Le Destroy (The Bait) - "Kill Kill"
- Yugen Blakrok (Gorgon Madonna) - "Metamorphosis"
- Konrad Oldmoney feat. Cerbeus (7 Facas) - "Dinero"
- Deadly Hunta / Maro Music (Footage Missing) - "When It's War'
- The Armed (Homeschool Dropouts) - "Night City Aliens"
- Converge (Shattered Void) - "I Won't Let You Go"
- Aligns (Rubicones) - "Friday Night Fire Fight"
- Tomb Mold (Bacillus) - "Adaptive Manipulator"
- Deafkids (Tainted Overlord) - "Selva Pulsátil"
- Namakopuri (Us Cracks) - "PonPon Shit"
- Grimes (Lizzy Wizzy) - "Delicate Weapon"
- Rat Boy (IBDY) - "Who's Ready for Tomorrow"
- HEALTH (Window Weather) - "Major Crimes"
- Rosa Walton (Hallie Coggins) - "I Really Want to Stay at Your House"
- Nina Kraviz (Bara Nova) - "Surprise Me, I'm Surprised Today"
- Raney Shockne feat. COS and Conway (Point Break Candy) - "Hole in the Sun"
- Gazelle Twin (Trash Generation) - "History"
- Poloz (Tinnitus) - "On My Way to Hell"
Of course, there's also the in-game band SAMURAI, fronted by Keanu Reeve's character Johnny Silverhand, which is brought to life by the real-world band Refused. While SAMURAI isn't part of the game's "official soundtrack," it should still play an important part in the game, and has already produced some great songs.
Cyberpunk 2077 has been unfortunately delayed until December 10, 2020, but that isn't stopping us from getting a special episode of Night City Wire showing the game running on the Xbox One X and Xbox Series X, where it looks great, even without the next-gen upgrade slated to come sometime in 2021. If you want to make sure you're prepared to have the best possibly Cyberpunk 2077 experience, consider upgrading your visual set-up with one of the Best 4K TV's for Xbox Series X|S.
A dark and gritty world
The standard for next-gen.
Cyberpunk 2077 is the latest project from CD Projekt Red, the developers behind the Witcher 3. To follow up the game that defined a generation of gaming, Cyberpunk 2077 needed to be huge, ambitious, and captivating. Every indication says that CD Projekt Red is posed to repeat history with their sci-fi, open-world RPG adventure.
Windows Central Newsletter
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Zachary Boddy (They / Them) is a Staff Writer for Windows Central, primarily focused on covering the latest news in tech and gaming, the best Xbox and PC games, and the most interesting Windows and Xbox hardware. They have been gaming and writing for most of their life starting with the original Xbox, and started out as a freelancer for Windows Central and its sister sites in 2019. Now a full-fledged Staff Writer, Zachary has expanded from only writing about all things Minecraft to covering practically everything on which Windows Central is an expert, especially when it comes to Microsoft. You can find Zachary on Twitter @BoddyZachary.
I guess it isn't my genre. I haven't heard of any of these artists.
The Microsoft store Xbox series pre-orders are live now. Get them while they're hot. I just landed a series s. Estimated delivery date of January though
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.