What you need to know
- Dell Mobile Connect has an update that includes a refreshed user interface.
- The update also improves performance and reduces syncing issues.
- Dell Mobile Connect is available on iOS and Android but requires a newer Dell PC to work.
Dell Mobile Connect allows you to connect your smartphone and a supported PC. It can sync notifications, be used to send and receive text messages, mirror your smartphone's screen, and more. Dell recently rolled out an update for the app that improves performance and brings a refreshed look.
The update includes a new user interface, including rounded corners that should fit in on Windows 11. Avinash Kodavalla spotted the update and shared it on Twitter.
Kodavalla highlights that the new version of Dell Mobile Connect has resizable widgets, a new calling interface, and improved performance, resulting in fewer syncing issues.
Here are the features found in its app listing:
- Hands-free phone calls – Make and take phone calls without picking up your phone.
- Text messaging – Send and receive SMS and MMS messages from your computer.
- Contacts – Search your phone's contacts and interface with them from the app.
- Notifications – Receive and interact with your phone notifications on your PC.
- Screen mirroring – Control your phone with your PC keyboard, mouse, or touchscreen.
- File Transfer – Securely copy files between your phone and your computer.
Dell Mobile Connect works with Android and iOS smartphones, but it only works with newer Dell PCs. You need a Dell computer made in 2018 or later running the Windows 10 November 2019 Update or later, such as the lateset Dell XPS 13.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.