Diablo 3 Season 21 is set to begin on July 3
All-new cosmetics to grab.
What you need to know
- Diablo 3 Season 21 is right around the corner.
- Season 21 is set to begin on July 3.
- The season is being preceded by a patch that has already been released.
Hardcore Diablo 3 players take heed: Blizzard has revealed the patch notes and details for Season 21, which begins on July 3. Season 21 is called the Trials of Tempests and for good reason: the theme for this season is elemental energy. Every 90 seconds, your character will channel energy, triggering one of a handful of effects:
- Rain meteors from the skies around you.
- Breathe lightning.
- Summon a wall of flame.
- Release twisters of pure energy.
- Crush your foes under the weight of rolling snowballs.
While there's a whole host of balancing that took place in now-available patch, the main reason to grind this season is for the special rewards. Of these rewards, Haedrig's Gifts are a major highlight. Here are the sets that can be unlocked:
- Barbarian - Might of the Earth
- Crusader - Thorns of the Invoker
- Demon Hunter - The Shadow's Mantle
- Monk - Monkey King's Garb
- Witch Doctor - Raiment of the Jade Harvester
- Wizard - Firebird's Finery
- Necromancer - Grace of Inarius
Looking to the future of the franchise, Diablo 4 is still on the way, though there's no release date at this time. We'll continue to provide updates as more is revealed.
Get caught up
Evil is waiting
Diablo III continues the story of the Diablo series, with multiple classes to choose from, as well as the Reaper of Souls expansion and Necromancer class, this is the best way to play Diablo III.
Xbox (opens in new tab)
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Samuel Tolbert is a freelance writer covering gaming news, previews, reviews, interviews and different aspects of the gaming industry, specifically focusing on Xbox and PC gaming on Windows Central. You can find him on Twitter @SamuelTolbert.
By Jez Corden