Award-winning RPG Disco Elysium — The Final Cut releases for Xbox next month
Disco Elysium is a legendary RPG, and it is finally arriving on Xbox.
What you need to know
- Disco Elysium is a well-known RPG that immediately became a massive hit on PC when it released back in 2019.
- Since then, the studio has worked to bring its award-winning title to more platforms, including consoles.
- Disco Elysium — The Final Cut is rebuilt from the ground up for consoles, and includes a ton of enhancements and improvements.
- Now, we know that this upgraded version of Disco Elysium officially arrives on Xbox consoles on Oct. 12, 2021.
One of the most well-known RPGs released in recent history is Disco Elysium, a sprawling open-world detective RPG that is filled with countless choices and paths to take. The award-winning title is already available on PlayStation consoles, but the upgraded and enhanced Final Cut edition is finally coming to Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch on Oct. 12, 2021. There's an all-new trailer to enjoy, as well as an overview of what to expect from this definitive edition.
Studio ZA / UM wants to be clear that Disco Elysium — The Final Cut isn't a simple port of the original PC version, and is built from the ground up to be optimized for consoles with a wide variety of improvements, and well as all of the quality-of-life enhancements the original has enjoyed over the years. When Disco Elysium finally arrives on Xbox and inevitably joins the growing list of best Xbox RPGs, some of its highlighted features will include:
- New content. Political vision quests will add an all-new area, new citizens to meet, new landmarks to explore, and much more as you attempt to realize your political dreams.
- Xbox Series X|S Optimizations. Disco Elysium will look and run great on Xbox Series X & S, with up to 4K resolution and 60 FPS on Microsoft's current-gen powerhouses. It'll also support Xbox niceties like Smart Delivery for seamless upgrades, Xbox cloud saves so you never lose your progress, and Xbox Achievements.
- Console improvements. This version of Disco Elysium is designed to shine on consoles, with an upgraded user interface, scalable fonts and other accessibility improvements, full controller support, plenty of settings and customization, and expanded language support.
- Expanded voice acting. In Disco Elysium — The Final Cut, voice acting has been greatly expanded to encompass practically the entire game, with every character being fully voiced and unique.
Disco Elysium — The Final Cut is available now for PC and PlayStation players, but arrives on Xbox and Switch on Oct. 12, 2021. If you'd prefer to wait for a physical copy of the game, ZA / UM is planning to release exactly that on Nov. 9, complete with a sizeable poster and a code for a digital artbook.
Disco Elysium is a true RPG of daunting size and scale, and it's almost certain to make waves when it lands on Xbox in a handful of weeks. If you want to see more of the game, you can check out more images down below.
Become a detective
A legendary RPG.
Disco Elysium is an RPG like no other, and it's finally coming to Xbox consoles. The Final Cut is complete with new content, expanded voice acting, and a myriad of console-specific improvements and enhancements, and it arrives on Oct. 12, 2021.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Zachary Boddy (They / Them) is a Staff Writer for Windows Central, primarily focused on covering the latest news in tech and gaming, the best Xbox and PC games, and the most interesting Windows and Xbox hardware. They have been gaming and writing for most of their life starting with the original Xbox, and started out as a freelancer for Windows Central and its sister sites in 2019. Now a full-fledged Staff Writer, Zachary has expanded from only writing about all things Minecraft to covering practically everything on which Windows Central is an expert, especially when it comes to Microsoft. You can find Zachary on Twitter @BoddyZachary.