What you need to know
- Microsoft Edge Dev just received its first update based on version 93.
- The update adds the "Share" option to the ellipsis menu for installed progressive web apps.
- Edge Dev on Mac also gained support for fingerprint authentication to view or autofill passwords.
Microsoft just rolled out an update to Edge Dev. It's the first build of Edge Dev to be based on version 93 and includes some new features for the browser on Windows 10 and macOS.
The update adds the option to use fingerprint authentication to view or autofill passwords on Macs. It also adds the "Share" option to the ellipsis menu for installed progressive web apps (PWAs).
Here's the complete changelog (opens in new tab) from Microsoft:
- Added a button on Mac that will directly appear on certain videos to let users enter Picture in Picture mode.
- Added the ability on Mac to use fingerprint authentication to allow viewing or autofilling a password.
- Added the Share option to the … menu in PWAs and websites installed as apps.
- Improved inking latency.
The feature appears to be rolling out to Edge Dev gradually. I don't see the new share option for installed PWAs at this time.
Beta gets better
Grab the latest version
Microsoft Edge Beta recently received an upgrade to version 92. The latest build includes improvements to vertical tabs and several other new features.
Sean Endicott brings nearly a decade of experience covering Microsoft and Windows news to Windows Central. He joined our team in 2017 as an app reviewer and now heads up our day-to-day news coverage. If you have a news tip or an app to review, hit him up at email@example.com (opens in new tab).
Hi ! Is there any way to re-install Edge (Chromium) ? I uninstalled edge using powershell but searched results won't open on any browser.
Awesome. Previously you'd have to open the page in the browser then share from there. Also the inking latency improvements are welcome. I've been using Edge for pdfs reading and markup almost exclusively in recent weeks and there is still room for improvement.
Just use acrobat, inking works without a subscription
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.