Recently, Frontier Developments launched Elite Dangerous: Beyond - Chapter One on Xbox One and other platforms. Luckily, a barrage of new content will hit the system soon as the developer just announced Chapter Two's release date. The update is coming to the console on June 28, 2018 and brings with it numerous enhancements.
Some of the new features coming with the update are listed below.
- The "Alliance" continue to refine its warships in the face of the looming "Thargoid" alien threat. The Alliance Challenger, a combat vessel, has stronger armor than its Chieftain counterpart and will be able to soak up a significant amount of punishment.
- The developer is introducing a range new "Wing Mission" types for you and your friends to take on.
- Players will now be able to scan and interact with "Space Installations". For example, scanning the installation will allow you to see what you can interact with. You can hack turrents and disable other security measures. Lastly, if you're desperate, you can always fire a few rockets at the cargo bay and see what blows open.
- "Tech Brokers" will allow you to unlock large versions of the existing guardian weapons. These Tech Brokers will issue missions to collect data and materials, and then unlock certain modules for purchase.
- Lastly, the annoying Thargoids continue to be an intergalactic menace. This time around they have new "Scout" vessels that make other enemy ships in the area stronger.
Please note that Chapter Two is a free content update. The game supports Xbox One X and looks incredible on a 4K display.
If you love space simulators in which you can practically do anything, then be sure to give this one a go. Elite: Dangerous is supremely rewarding even though it takes dozens of hours to master.
Keep an eye on WindowsCentral.com/Gaming for all the latest in Xbox and Windows 10 gaming, accessories, news, and reviews!
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.