List of Fallout 76 known bugs and launch issues
Everything that's not working in the wastes!
Well, Reclamation day is upon us. It is time for vault dwellers to venture out into the wasted terrain that was once West Virginia and rebuild. The launch of Fallout 76 has brought mixed reception. However, there are still tons of gamers out there exploring Bethesda's online endeavor.
Just about any game is bound to experience various issues, bugs, and glitches. And Fallout 76 seems to be dealing with more than its fair share of problems, mostly tied to its online traits.
Here is a list of all the issues we have seen in Fallout 76.
Fallout 76 'Disconnected From Server' error
This issue appeared to be plaguing many users in the first hours of launch. As you try to log in, you will see a "Found World" notification and then you will be promptly "Disconnected From Server". The solution seems to have been to keep trying until you get in. However, this issue has been resolved on Bethesda's end for the most part.
Power Armor horror
Many players across all platforms are experiencing a horrifying glitch related to power armor. When some folks attempt to leave their power armor they find that they are unable to do so. Making matters worse, they appear to other players without clothes and mutated bodies. No fix has been announced at this point in time.
Fallout 76 missing enemies
On more than a few quests, we've experienced bugs where enemy locations would be marked, despite not spawning. However, upon visiting their location, there was nothing there. We've heard similar experiences from many, making quests unfinishable. Most often, we were able to resolve this by logging out and back in again.
Prickett Fort token issues
There are widespread reports that the token dispenser in Prickett Fort is totally broken, putting a complete roadblock in the middle of a quest. There seem to be no workarounds but Bethesda states that it is working on it.
Lots of users are reporting that they are hearing gunshots near them when there is no one around. I have actually experienced this myself and it can really spook you out when you think you are alone and start hearing gunfire. Bethesda has stated that they are aware of the issue and will be fixing it in a patch soon.
Bethesda at work
A week before release Bethesda posted in the Fallout 76 subreddit about all the fixes and updates that they will be working toward in the near future. All of these changes were collected during the open beta so if you are experiencing issues that they don't address, its always a good idea to report, report, report. Here are the changes coming soon according to the Bethesda post on reddit.
- Ultra-Wide Support If you are hoping for a more cinematic experience, Fallout 76 will support 21:19 some time post-launch.
- Larger Stash Size There have been plenty of players who have complained about the limited stash size of 400. They plan on increasing it in the future.
- Push-to-Talk In the near future, Bethesda will be implementing a push-to-talk feature, for those that don't want their mics always on.
- FOV Slider Seems like we are out of luck on the Field of View slider. Their post indicates that this won't likely be a feature that gets added.
- Exploits While they were not specific in the post, they point out that they are aware of various exploits and will be addressing them in a future update.
- Social issues Apparently at launch, they had already handled many of the issues with the social menu and making teams. However, they also mention that they will fix new issues that arise as quickly as possible.
- Always Hungry Many users in the beta were experiencing an issue where they could not be full no matter how much they consumed. It looks like this issue has been fixed and will be applied in a future patch.
- Gunshots It looks like the gunshot issue I mentioned above will get fixed in a patch that will be applied "near launch".
As we discover more issues, we will be sure to keep you updated. If you're experiencing any issues too, let us know in the comments. Meanwhile, for those yet to pick up Fallout 76, the game is out now, starting at $59.99 on Amazon (opens in new tab).
- See at Amazon (opens in new tab)
- See at Microsoft (opens in new tab)
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
I ran into the Prickett Fort token dispenser issue myself this morning. No big deal, still pretty of loot in the area, and now i can fast travel back when it's fixed.
Again on a Microsoft centric website and you chose to use a ps4 picture of the game...
I was in one spot on the map and I needed to use the work bench, so I got out of my power armor and I glitched into the ceiling. I got back in my suit while still in the ceiling and I thought I went back to normal but soon realized that my character was floating and he looked like he just got stuffed into a fazbear suit. Next thing I know my character was walking like I was not in suit but rather the suit I was wearing was now invisible and I couldn't get out. I then thought my system must be bugging so I restarted the game and system and logged in to find out that I glitched so bad my full suit of raider power armor has vanished. I wasn't entirely mad cuz I had other suit pieces to make another full suit but once I entered this suit my whole torso was invisible and now I couldn't exit my suit so I just logged out for the day.
I have experienced a glitch when getting mutations I have had 2 times where when I get a mutation it says it in the top left you have got marsupial or you have got eagle eye but I die at the same time then when I resplendent I check effects and they aren’t there and don’t give me the effects and it doesn’t seem I can get them again because I have 16 mutations and I give my self a lot of dads and it won’t give me them also when I die sometimes this is a different glitch when I die it sometimes shows no spawn points except for fallout 76 shelter so then I have to spend 20 -30 caps to get back where I was
I have found another glitch on Xbox where I enter a power suit then it disappears it stretches my body says I have power armor on but I can’t take it off and when i leave the server it disappears now I have no power armor and I have 4
Power Armor wont come off and I am invisible is there anything I can do. I can’t play anymore
I can’t get out of the power armor is there anything I can do. I’m invisible and at level 40 almost anything will kill me and I can’t make anything. I have tried turning the game off many times, this tally sucks.