Fhotoroom is a popular photo editing app for your Windows Phone that not only allows you to edit your images but also has a social networking aspect to it. Editing includes basic tools such as cropping, exposure edits, and rotating the image as well as filters and frames. Edited images can be saved to your SkyDrive account, Windows Phone as well as shared on the Fhotoroom Photo Sharing Network (free registration required). The network will let you show off your images with other Fhotoroom users, get and give feedback and message other members.
Fhotoroom was recently updated to version 2.0 which brings a major overhaul to the photography app. The update not only brings new features to the editor, social network and in-house camera but also brings a new layout and user interface to the app. You also have the routine bug fixes and performance tweaks.
According to the Fhotoroom development team,
Performance is something that has been updated across the board with all the filters tweaked to squeezing out as much speed as possible from WP7 CPU's. This is extra important for Lumia 610 and 1st Gen Phone users who can still work smoothly but with only 800MHz CPUs or only 256MB of RAM. Also App loading and window switching has been greatly increased, making the whole UI/UX that much smoother.
The Fhotoroom team put a lot of effort into this update and here's a breakdown of the version 2.0 changes.
- New Menu and UI update
- Preview Image size almost 10% larger than previously
- Filters now shown below Preview Image on the same page
- Updated all filter for faster performance
- Updated Tilt Shift for easier use and better quality with boundless borders
- Updated Tsar, Classic Pro, Tinge. Herc, Velvia X
- Added New Style Filters Rain, Kapla, Copa, Haze, Adele and Ansel
- Light FX has been completed rewritten and added new light leaks
- Textures has been completely rewritten from the ground up.
- Whole UI now better supports the Modern UI design language
- Merged Profile Page with Main Page
- Reorganized Main page with new menu icons
- Profile name at the top now is also direct link to your profile
- Like and commenting system have been updated
- Photo loading is faster
- Photo liking is almost instant
- Profile can now link directly to personal website, twitter page, Facebook page etc. for better self promotion
- Over each photo now has the option to tweet other peoples photo to your twitter account if setup.
The Camera update makes things a little easier for casual user by hiding flash controls, exposure controls, and grid patterns when your using the automatic modes.
We've only tinkered with the updated version of Fhotoroom for a short bit but our first impressions is that version 2.0 brings some nice improvements to the photo editor. It's nice to be able to apply edits and have the preview image in front of you. The old version had you bouncing back and forth between edit pages to preview pages. Version 2.0 seems to be more efficiently laid out.
We'll take Fhotoroom version 2.0 out this weekend and get a full review up on Monday. Until then, if you haven't tried Fhotoroom it is a free app that you can download here at the Windows Phone Marketplace. If you are already running Fhotoroom, look for the upload to be pushed out anytime now.
The ThinkPad X1 Fold from Lenovo is now available for preorders
Lenovo's revolutionary ThinkPad X1 Fold is now available to preorder for $2,500 (plus accessories), with shipments later this fall. Featuring a 13.3-inch OLED display that supports inking and folds, this not-a-laptop PC transcends categorization and is set to usher in a new era of mobile computing.
Lenovo's latest ThinkBook 15 lets you store your earbuds in the laptop
Lenovo announced the ThinkBook 15 Gen 2 alongside several other devices today. In addition to its sleek design and nice internals, the ThinkBook 15 Gen 2 has a bay built in that lets you store your earbuds right inside the laptop.
Lenovo ThinkBook 13s Gen 2 nets Intel's latest chips, sleek dual-ton cover
Lenovo took the wraps off of the new ThinkBook 13s Gen 2, showing off a slick design and even slicker hardware. You'll get a new dual-tone cover, all-metal design, and Intel's latest chips in a package that won't break the bank.
Make the most of your Surface Pen and Slim Pen with these awesome apps
To really maximize the ability of the Surface Pen and Slim Pen, there are some essential apps you should check out. We've rounded up the best right here for a variety of purposes.