Taking the popularity of Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age into account, publisher Square Enix decided to bring the game to Windows PC today. The title joins various other Final Fantasy games which are available on Steam. According to the company, Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age on PC includes all of the modern advancements and features available in the PlayStation 4 (PS4) version, such as the latest visuals, an enhanced soundtrack, new Speed and Trial modes, and fast forward functionality, among others improvements.
Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age initially launched on the PlayStation 2 in 2006, with a remastered version hitting PS4 in 2017. The same PS4 version is being enhanced for PC. Customers who purchase the game through Steam within the first week of launch will receive a twenty percent discount, a three-track digital music compilation, and a new Steam Skin illustrated by famed Final Fantasy artist Isamu Kamikokuryo. The following new features will also be added for PC users.
- Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age runs at 60 FPS on PC. The publisher claims that the world of Ivalice has never looked this good or run this smooth before.
- The game is compatible with 21:9 ultra-wide monitors. Those who have the necessary equipment can connect up to three monitors together for a potential 48:9 experience.
- New Game Plus and New Game Minus modes will be part of the game. All of the post-game content modes will now be accessible from the beginning of the game.
- Square Enix is giving players three background music options. You can experience the game with the original score, a re-orchestrated version, or with just its soundtrack.
- New functionality has been added to Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age which grants players maximum License Points and Gil from the configuration screen.
- Lastly, the game features full controller support, Steam Trading Cards, and other similar options to optimize the PC player experience.
It's great to see that Square Enix is putting this much care into the PC release of Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age. All too often, the PC version of games nowadays is an afterthought like Batman: Arkham Knight. Hopefully the title will live up to expectations.
Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age is set on the continent of Ivalice, where the Archadian and Rozarrian Empires wage an endless war for power over the land. The realm of Dalmasca has been caught between the two and annexed by Archadia. Dalmasca's princess, Ashelia B'nargin Dalmasca, creates a resistance movement against Archadia to avenge her broken kingdom, and along the way meets numerous allies who help her take down the Archadian Empire.
Keep an eye on WindowsCentral.com/Gaming for all the latest in Xbox and Windows 10 gaming, accessories, news, and reviews!
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
ZeniMax's 'Orion,' and how it will boost Microsoft's Xbox cloud streaming
When Microsoft purchased ZeniMax this week, we were all blinded by the dazzling array of amazing games that will now be exclusive to Xbox platforms. There's another massive aspect of this package that is being a tad overlooked.
Swift for Windows is now a thing; tools available for download now.
The Swift programming language has come to Windows, as the open source project makes tools available for download.
All the best games coming to Xbox One and Xbox Series X in 2020 and beyond
What's coming to Xbox Series X and Xbox One in the future? Here are the biggest and brightest games we're looking forward to.
Up your Fortnite game with one of these great headsets
So you want to up your Fortnite game, do you? One of the easiest fixes is getting yourself a good headset. Whether you play on PC, console or mobile, there's something here for you.