Taking the popularity of the game into account, publisher Square Enix has decided to bring the game to PC on February 1, 2018, joining various other Final Fantasy titles. According to the company, Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age on Steam will include all of the modern advancements and features available in the PS4 version, such as the latest visuals, an enhanced soundtrack, new Speed and Trial modes, and fast forward functionality among others improvements.
Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age initially launched on the PlayStation 2 in 2006 with a remastered version hitting PS4 in 2017. The same PS4 version is being enhanced for PC. Customers who purchase the game through Steam within the first week of launch will receive a twenty percent discount, a three-track digital music compilation, and a new Steam Skin illustrated by famed Final Fantasy artist Isamu Kamikokuryo. The following new features will also be added for PC users.
- Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age runs at 60 FPS on PC. The publisher claims that the world of Ivalice has never looked this good or run this smooth before.
- The game is compatible with 21:9 ultra-wide monitors. Those who have the necessary equipment can connect up to three monitors together for a potential 48:9 experience.
- New Game Plus and New Game Minus modes will be part of the game. All of the post-game content modes will now be accessible from the beginning of the game.
- Square Enix is giving players three background music options. You can experience the game with the original score, a re-orchestrated version, or with just its soundtrack.
- New functionality has been added to Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age which grants players maximum License Points and Gil from the configuration screen.
- Lastly, the game features full controller support, Steam Trading Cards, and other similar options to optimize the PC player experience.
It's great to see that Square Enix is putting this much care into the PC release of Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age. All too often, the PC version of games nowadays is an afterthought like Batman: Arkham Knight. Hopefully the title will live up to expectations when it launches in a few weeks.
Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age is set on the continent of Ivalice, where the Archadian and Rozarrian Empires wage an endless war for power over the land. The realm of Dalmasca has been caught between the two and annexed by Archadia. Dalmasca's princess, Ashelia B'nargin Dalmasca, creates a resistance movement against Archadia to avenge her broken kingdom, and along the way meets numerous allies who help her take down the Archadian Empire.
The game garnered critical acclaim when it launched all those years ago and the PS4 version received favorable reviews as well. If you like the Final Fantasy series, be sure to check out Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age on PC next month because the game is regarded as one of the better entries in the franchise.
Keep an eye on WindowsCentral.com/Gaming for all the latest in Xbox and Windows 10 gaming, accessories, news, and reviews!
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
'Zelter' for PC is the Stardew Valley apocalypse I didn't know I wanted
Zelter just hit early access, and it's a pretty cool concept. But boy oh boy, it's pretty rough right now. Here are some thoughts on this latest entry in the zombie apocalypse survival genre.
Xbox lead Phil Spencer talks Game Pass 'Platinum' and TV streaming devices
Could Project xCloud come direct to television without a console? Never say never, says Phil Spencer.
Our comprehensive list of all Xbox Series X Optimized games
A complete list of Xbox Series X Optimized games confirmed so far, including their plans to support 4K resolution, HDR, high FPS gameplay, ray tracing, and Smart Delivery.
Replace your Xbox Bluray player with these 4K UHD Bluray Players
While the specs and price of the Xbox Series S make it tempting, what can you do with all your 4K UHD Blurays? Buy a player, that's what.