Update, April 26, 2022, at 12:20 p.m. CT: The Forza Horizon 5 Series 7 update is now available to download on all platforms
What you need to know
- Playground Games adds brand-new content to Forza Horizon 5 constantly through its Festival Playlist and Series updates.
- Forza Horizon 5 Series 7 kicks off on Thursday, April 28, 2022, and includes plenty for which players should be excited.
- Nine new cars, including five Ferraris, Cinco de Mayo celebrations, new Horizon Tour Events, and more are all included.
- Series 8 was also teased, with new cars arriving from German manufacturers like Porsche, Mercedes-Benz, and Audi.
Forza Horizon 5 was an incredible racing game when it initially released, but it's steadily improving over time with the iterative release of new content by Playground Games. At least once a month, FH5 players are treated to new cars, events, challenges, and more into which to sink their teeth, and the month of May is no different.
Forza Horizon 5's next content update is Series 7 of the FH5 Festival Playlist, and it brings with it nine new cars, celebrations of Mexico's Cinco de Mayo holiday, new Vanity Items and cosmetics, and more. There's a lot to look forward to in the upcoming update, with the general focus being on a celebration of Mexico's vibrant culture and the addition of a fleet of new Ferrari cars.
Most notably, the Forza Horizon 5 car list is expanding with nine new cars, five of which are Ferraris that will be available through the Festival Playlist. Two of these Ferraris have never been featured in a Forza game before, and have been heavily requested by the community ahead of the announcement.
Here's everything you need to know about the Forza Horizon 5 Series 7 Festival Playlist and its companion patch update:
- Cinco de Mayo. Cinco de Mayo is an essential facet of Hispanic culture, and it's of course important to celebrate it in Forza Horizon 5, which is set in Mexico. The "changing world" of FH5 is coming into play with Series 7, as Guanajuato and more become decorated for Cinco de Mayo. There are also accompanying cosmetics and Vanity Items that tie into Cinco de Mayo and Mexican culture.
- Festival Playlist cars. Forza Horizon 5's Festival Playlist is rewarding players with five new cars in Series 7, as opposed to the usual four, with all five being from Italian supercar manufacturer Ferrari. The two newest cars in the collection are brand-new to Forza, as well. The five cars include:
- 1962 Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta Lusso
- 1992 Ferrari 512 Testa Rossa
- 2014 Ferrari California T
- 2020 Ferrari F8 Tributo
- 2020 Ferrari SF90 Stradale
- Car Pass cars. Playground Games also revealed the next four cars that are being released through the Forza Horizon 5 Car Pass, including:
- 2003 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning
- 2008 Dodge Magnum SRT-8
- 2014 Forsberg Racing Nissan 370Z "SafariZ" Safari Rally Tribute
- 2019 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro
- Horizon Tour. Horizon Tour, which pits players against teams of Drivatars in Co-op Championships, is being massively expanded with Forza Horizon 5 Series 7. Over 200 new unique Events are being added with the update, giving players a lot more variety. This includes S2-Class Events, and more.
- New cosmetics. As always, the next Forza Horizon 5 Series update includes a myriad of new cosmetics for players to unlock, including Car Horns, Cinco de Mayo-inspired Vanity Items, and new Vanity Items themed after the various murals in FH5.
- Other changes and fixes. Forza Horizon 5 is gaining a fresh batch of fixes, changes, and quality-of-life improvements with the Series 7 update, including:
- Specific Drivatar names in Horizon Tour and The Trial that pulls from Forza Horizon 5's cast of characters, rather than random online players
- New EventLab props and rules
- The ability to earn the "Power Trip" Accolade in Horizon Tour
- Fixes for several other Accolades
- Fixes for the Festival Playlist, including for the Forzathon Weekly Challenge
- And much more
The Series 7 breakdown was concluded with a quick peek at what's coming to Forza Horizon 5 with the upcoming Series 8 update, which is themed after "German Automotive Excellency." Alongside new events, Playground Games previewed three new cars coming to FH5 with Series 8, all from German auto manufacturers, including the 2021 Porsche 911 GT3, the 2015 Mercedes-AMG GT S, and the 2018 Audi RS4 Avant. Playground Games will share more on Series 8 in the future.
Unfortunately, we didn't hear anything about the first Forza Horizon 5 DLC expansion with the breakdown of Series 7, but Playground Games has already reassured eager players that news is coming soon.
Playground Games' latest masterpiece established itself as one of the best Xbox racing games from the very beginning, but the title has already expanded and improved immeasurably since its launch. Series 7 is the latest small leap forward for the racing title, and should especially appeal to fans of Ferrari vehicles.
Forza Horizon 5 Series 7 officially kicks off on Thursday, April 28, 2022 with a plethora of new cars, Horizon Tour Events, a celebration of Cinco de Mayo, and more. The accompanying content update is arriving on Tuesday, April 26 for Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PC, and Xbox Cloud Gaming.
The full changelog for Forza Horizon 5 April 26, 2022 content update includes:
Features & bug fixes
- New Horizon Tour events allow "Power Trip" Accolade to be completed
- Fixed "Now We're Talking" Accolade
- Fixed "It's Go Time" Accolade
- Fixed "Prophet of Regret" Accolade
- Fixed "Seven Day Wonder" Accolade where completing any dailies outside of the current season would not complete this
- Fixed issue where Series Rivals was awarding 4 Points per season instead of 4 Points per Series
- Fixed issue which could cause the Treasure Chest not to appear after solving the clue
- Fixed issue where the Forzathon Weekly wouldn't register the required car being owned and driven in the first chapter
- Added over 200 new Horizon Tour events
- Added specific Drivatar names to Horizon Tour and The Trial
- Improved the UI flow when leaving the Badges screen
- Improved the Custom Racing UI logic when choosing PI and Type
- Fixed crash when playing an Open Championship when at a Horizon Open level of 1000
- Fixed scenario where a Convoy joining a complex EventLab event could result in the Convoy not making it into the event
- Added Series 6 collectibles to EventLab props
- Added new conditions "get torque scalar" and "get gravity scalar" to EventLab rules of play
- Added new low and medium strength Bounce Pads in addition to the existing Bounce Pad in EventLab props
- Updated Apex Wall Prop to not have invisible collision above it in EventLab
- Fixed broken UI when creating a different race type Event from the base Event type in EventLab
- Fixed issue where players couldn't turn traffic on even if there were no props
- Updated 1953 Morris Minor 1000 to reflect correct year
- Fixed 2015 Volvo V60 Polestar left wing mirror was showing the right mirror's projection
- Fixed livery mapping on the 2008 BMW M3 when using certain body kits
- Fixed issue where an auto-upgraded 2014 Mercedes-Benz Unimog U5023 couldn't be driven in Manual with Clutch
- Fixed stall when engaging in a Head-to-Head both in Freeroam and during Eliminator
- Fixed issue when moving the game to a second monitor and making it fullscreen
- Various stability improvements
- Added Screen Reader functionality to more screens
- Fixed exploit with Drift Zone and Trailblazers
- Fixed issue in Super7 where retrying or revalidating a challenge wouldn't let the creator edit any placed props
- Fixed Mask layer group UI in the Livery Editor
- Fixed issue where a tree had appeared in Ek Balam Cross Country Circuit
- Fixed subtitle errors in Drift Club Mexico
- Fixed an issue where Festive decoration could incorrectly appear in Freeroam
Update, April 26, 2022, at 12:20 p.m. CT — The Series 7 update is now available to download for Forza Horizon 5
Right on schedule, the Series 7 patch update is now available to download for Forza Horizon 5 on Xbox and PC platforms, including Xbox and PC Game Pass. The update includes a fresh batch of fixes and improvements, as well as all of the content coming in the Series 7 update beginning on April 28, 2022. The Forza Horizon 5 April 26 update is approximately 8.21GB in size on Xbox Series X|S.
The unchallenged champion
Forza Horizon 5
The best open-world racer
Playground Games has delivered their latest masterpiece with Forza Horizon 5, which features the series' most diverse map and largest car list yet. The Forza Horizon 5 Series 7 update is coming this week with new fixes and changes, in addition to over 200 new Horizon Tour events and a new Series of content.
A catalog of games
Xbox Game Pass Ultimate
All your gaming needs, in one subscription
Is the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate the best value in all of gaming? It's possible. Ultimate bundles your Xbox Live Gold subscription, Xbox Game Pass for Xbox consoles and PC Game Pass for Windows devices, and Xbox Cloud Gaming for on-the-go fun. Forza Horizon 5 and the entire Series 7 Festival Playlist are included in practically every tier of Xbox Game Pass.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.