What you need to know
- Gears Tactics is a turn-based strategy game set in the expanding Gears universe.
- It collected impressive reviews and scores with its PC launch, and promised to come to Xbox consoles in the future.
- That launch is now official, with Gears Tactics coming to Xbox consoles and Xbox Game Pass on November 10.
- This makes Gears Tactics a launch title for Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S, and it will be optimized for next-gen.
Gears Tactics was confirmed to be coming to Xbox consoles at some point in the future, giving strategy fans something to look forward to after the game garnered very positive reviews, including from us. Today, Xbox Game Studios announced the console release date for Gears Tactics, and revealed that the game will not only be coming to Xbox consoles this holiday season, but that it'll be a launch title for the Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S, complete with next-gen optimizations. Oh, there's also a new trailer to enjoy, as well.
Gears Tactics will support Xbox Smart Delivery, meaning it'll take full advantage of the incredible hardware on offer with the next-gen Xbox's, like 4K resolution and a consistent 60fps on the Xbox Series X, faster loading times, and Variable Rate Shading. All of this lands the same day as the Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S, which launch on November 10, 2020. Gears Tactics will also be included in Xbox Game Pass at launch, but players can also choose to buy it to own from the Microsoft Store.
Finally, Gears Tactics will be getting a major update that spans every platform it's available on, including Xbox consoles, Windows 10, and Steam, that adds a host of new features. The update will come to all platforms simultaneously on November 10. New features include:
- Jack as a playable character. Play as Jack, a companion bot, with tons of new skills that range from hijacking and remote controlling enemies.
- Deviant enemies. Powerful new enemies are joining the playing field with the Deviant, which should offer more challenge to new and returning players.
- New Supreme equipment. New Supreme gear is being added to help players power up.
- Enhanced controller support. Gears Tactics is being optimized for controllers for its launch on Xbox, and those benefits are being passed to PC players as well.
Are you excited to try out Gears Tactics on Xbox consoles? Will Gears Tactics be one of the games you first play on your new next-gen Xbox? Let us know in the comments below!
At your desk and in your living room.
Gears Tactics is a turn-based strategy expansion of the popular Gears universe, and it was an impressive offering when it launched on PC. Now, this compelling strategy game is coming to next-gen Xbox consoles as a launch title for Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S on November 10, 2020.
A catalog of games
All your gaming needs, in one subscription.
Is the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate the best value in all of gaming? It's possible. Ultimate bundles your Xbox Live Gold subscription, an Xbox Game Pass subscription for both Xbox consoles and Windows PC's, and Xbox Cloud Gaming for on-the-go. That means access to hundreds of games, with more added all the time, for a single monthly subscription cost.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Everything you need to know about AMD Radeon RX 6000 GPUs
AMD has unveiled its new lineup of Radeon RX 6000-series graphics cards, with three new pieces of hardware to look forward to. Here's what you need to know.
AMD's 'Big Navi' Radeon RX 6000 series GPUs are here, coming November 18
AMD today launched its latest GPUs, the Radeon RX 6000 series. The new cards are a major jump over the previous generation, offering even more power with big architectural improvements.
Review: Acer's TravelMate P6 is a business laptop with killer battery life
When thinking of business laptops, lineups from Lenovo, Dell, and HP often come to mind. But Acer's TravelMate series shouldn't be forgotten, especially if you're interested in more than 14 hour of battery life and a lightweight, slim build.
Replace your Xbox Bluray player with these 4K UHD Bluray Players
While the specs and price of the Xbox Series S make it tempting, what can you do with all your 4K UHD Blurays? Buy a player, that's what.