What you need to know
- God of War PC releases on Jan. 14, 2022, via Steam and the Epic Games Store.
- The PC version of the title supports NVIDIA DLSS image upscaling, NVIDIA Reflex low latency input.
- Ultra-wide 21:9 resolution is also supported, alongside compatibility with DualShock 4 controllers, DualSense, and other gamepads.
God of War is another former exclusive PlayStation title making its way to Windows PCs, as Horizon Zero Dawn did in 2020. One of the most critically acclaimed console titles, the game follows protagonist Kratos, the titular god of war. Navigating a realm of Norse gods and monsters with his son Atreus, he must protect the young boy by engaging in visceral third-person combat. The upcoming sequel hits PS4 and PS5 in 2022, with chances of another PC version seeming more likely now than ever.
Sony Interactive Entertainment and developer Santa Monica Studio have revealed the official recommended PC specifications and extra content today, including support for NVIDIA's DLSS image upscaling technology, HDR and latency optimising tech "Reflex". Alongside the list of specs is a brand new trailer, showing off improvements made to the PC version.
With reasonable specifications required for recommended settings, it shouldn't be too difficult for a mid-range PC to run the game. If you're hoping to enjoy God of War to its full 4K potential, it might be time to upgrade your hardware. Check out our roundup of the best graphics cards for inspiration.
When you purchase the game on PC, you will get the following extra content:
- Death's Vow Armor Sets for Kratos and Atreus
- Exile's Guardian Shield Skin
- Buckler of the Forge Shield Skin
- Shining Elven Soul Shield Skin
- Dökkenshieldr Shield Skin
Featuring full keyboard and mouse controls, Santa Monica Studio also opted to support a wide range of controllers, including PlayStation DualShock 4 and DualSense with options to adjust the UI accordingly. HDR is available with NVIDIA G-Sync and G-Sync Ultimate enabled displays, and the game natively supports 21:9 ultra-wide resolutions.
The game is set for release on Jan. 14, 2022, on Steam and Epic Games Store, with pre-purchase options available on both.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.