The Gunk takes us to an alien planet to collect goo
It looks weird and funky and I love it.
What you need to know
- During Microsoft's Xbox July showcase, The Gunk was revealed.
- It is being developed by the creators of SteamWorld.
- A release date was not announced, but it is coming to Xbox Series X, Xbox One, and PC.
Microsoft's Xbox showcase was packed full of big announcements like Halo: Infinite and the rumored Fable, but we also received a look at what some smaller developers are making. The Gunk, from the makers of SteamWorld, is one such title.
Looks like players will explore an alien planet to collect the titular... gunk. It isn't explained why we're collecting this gunk, but it appears that doing so brings back life to the planet. Players should be careful while doing so, though, because it looks like a few hostile creatures stand in the way.
A release date for The Gunk was not announced, but we do know that it is coming to Xbox Series X, Xbox One, and PC. It will be available through Xbox Game Pass as well, any members to Microsoft's subscription service will get to play it day one.
The Xbox Series X is due out this holiday, but Microsoft has not revealed a release date or price for the console just yet. It looks to be a packed holiday with that and the PS5 launch, on top of several notable games like Halo: Infinite, Cyberpunk 2077, and much more. Whichever console you play on, we're going to be having a fun time.
Xbox Series X/S
- Xbox Series X: Everything we know
- Best games coming to Xbox Series X/S
- List of Xbox Series X specs
- What is the Xbox Series X release date?
- How much does Xbox Series X cost?
- Why you can't preorder Xbox Series X yet
- Best Xbox Series X Headsets
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Jennifer Locke has been playing video games nearly her entire life, and is very happy Xbox is growing a stronger first-party portfolio. You can find her obsessing over Star Wars and other geeky things on Twitter @JenLocke95.