What you need to know
- Gwent is a popular free-to-play card game on a number of platforms.
- It's not as popular as it is on Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
- CD Projekt RED has decided to discontinue the game on consoles.
- You can still move your purchases for the most part to other platforms.
Gwent is a free-to-play card game popularized by The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. It launched on Xbox One a few years ago and has since made it way to many other devices. Unfortunately, the game isn't as popular on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 as it once was and CD Projekt RED has decided to discontinue support for the title. The company said the following on the game's website.
It's a shame that the game won't be playable on Xbox One soon. Be sure to transfer your account because you may lose everything if you forget. What do you think of this news? Let us know.
Best of the best
Xbox Game Pass and Xbox Live Gold in one
Xbox Game Pass gives you access to over a hundred games for one monthly fee. Xbox Game Pass Ultimate also adds Xbox Live Gold to the package so you can play online with your friends.
- What is Xbox Game Pass?
- Best 4K TVs for Xbox Series X and S
- Must-buy Xbox One Headsets
- Our Favorite Xbox One Wireless Headsets
- Best Upcoming Xbox Games for 2021
- Xbox One X vs. Xbox Series S
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Asher Madan handles gaming news for Windows Central. Before joining Windows Central in 2017, Asher worked for a number of different gaming outlets. He has a background in medical science and is passionate about all forms of entertainment, cooking, and antiquing.