We're back with another build video, showcasing all the noteworthy new changes, features and enhancements present in the latest Windows 10 Insider Preview builds. This week, we're taking a look at build 17035, which includes a few noteworthy additions including changes to Fluent Design, Settings and more.
Also new in this build is a text suggestions when typing with a physical keyboard, Near Share, and the ability to mute a tab within Microsoft Edge. So far, most of the Redstone 4 preview builds have been focused on adding smaller, useful features and changes over any big new features. That will likely change soon however.
Other fixes and smaller changes in this build that we didn't cover in the video include:
- ATTENTION DEVELOPERS: We fixed an issue from the previous flight where launching an app with a debugger attached caused it hang at the splash screen. Debugging UWPs now works again.
- When the default location is set on your home or office PC, Cortana now knows to show you location-based reminders in the area on your PC. Your default location can be set in the Maps app.
- We've updated Cortana Collections to now support light theme.
- We're making some changes to the Data Usage settings page under Settings > Network & Internet — you'll notice some differences in this build. Not everything is working so stay tuned for an announcement in a later flight when everything is up and running.
- We fixed an issue where some Store download errors were unexpectedly displaying on the Windows Update history page.
- We've updated the Action Center to now use Fluent Design's Reveal. You'll also notice we've updated "Clear all" to now say "Clear all notifications" to improve discoverability.
- We fixed an issue where it wasn't possible to swipe to clear notifications from the Action Center in the last few flights.
- We fixed an issue where dismissing an alarm notification above lock resulting in the alarm sound continuing to play despite being dismissed.
- We fixed an issue where after uninstalling an app, its pinned tile might still exist on the Start Menu.
- We fixed an issue where after connecting via Remote Desktop the first local launch of Start menu would show Start briefly clipped to the top half before animating in the bottom.
- We fixed an issue where after upgrading the Start Menu might contain multiple listings of apps with only the name "NoUIEntryPoints-DesignMode" and a grey tile.
- We fixed an issue where it wasn't possible to rename files in File Explorer when using the Small Icons view.
- We fixed an issue where using the File Picker from a UWP app would show an error saying "multiple selections aren't allowed" when attempting to pick multiple images from a phone connected to the PC via USB.
- We fixed an issue resulting in "Occasionally show suggestions in Start" being reset after upgrading.
- We fixed an issue resulting in a drop in Start menu reliability in the last two flights.
- We fixed an issue where notifications with progress bars wouldn't update while the Action Center was open.
- We fixed an issue where valid characters in the touch keyboard were unexpectedly disabled in password fields for certain keyboards.
- We fixed an issue where you couldn't switch to alpha mode when using the touch keyboard using a third party Japanese IME since the key wasn't available.
- We fixed an issue where the input indicator state wouldn't be preserved across reboot if set to something other than the default value.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the touch keyboard coming up unexpectedly after setting focus to Start when in tablet mode.
- We fixed an issue resulting in ink strokes in OneNote sometimes unexpectedly changing thickness after interacting with buttons in the app.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the touch keyboard not coming up in certain text fields with the keyboard docked in tablet mode.
- We fixed an issue where words would sometimes get duplicated when using the handwriting panel in certain apps.
- We fixed an issue resulting in screen flickering in the last flight after bringing up the game bar, volume slider or other on-screen UI when playing fullscreen DirectX9 games.
- We fixed an issue resulting in Forza Horizon 3 unexpectedly failing to run with an "unsupported graphics card" error on some laptop configurations.
- We fixed an issue where pressing Shift + Del while editing the URL of a favorite would delete the favorite entry instead of performing a Cut action.
- We fixed an issue from the previous flight where changes made to About:flags in Microsoft Edge wouldn't persist.
Build 17035 is now available to Insiders in the Fast and Skip Ahead rings. You can check out the changelog for this build here. Make sure you let us know below if we missed any undocumented changes!
The Razer Tomahawk is small in stature, but mighty in power
Razer has a new gaming PC on the scene, and this time it's a compact desktop. The Razer Tomahawk Gaming Desktop uses a variation of the Tomahawk case to bring a modular, powerful PC that's designed to take up very little of your desk space.
Review: Razer's Hammerhead True Wireless Pro deliver THX and ANC for gamers
If you're looking for really good wireless earbuds and also happen to like mobile gaming, the new Razer Hammerhead True Wireless Pro is what you need. Featuring THX audio, ANC, low-latency streaming, and excellent comfort, there's a lot to like. Here's what we think of them after a week of using them with iOS and Android.
Found out when Cyberpunk 2077 releases in your area on PC and console
Cyberpunk 2077 is really almost here, and CD Projekt RED has revealed the exact release times for local areas on PC and console, as well as pre-load information.
These are the best PC sticks for when you're on the move
Instant computer, just add a screen! That’s the general idea of the ultra-portable PC Compute Sticks, but it can be hard to know which one you want. Relax, we’ve got you covered.