Microsoft is hard at work preparing the latest Xbox One Preview wave for public consumption, which will bring Xbox Clubs, Looking For Group, Arena, and more to console users everywhere. This newest update doesn't bring any new features, instead providing some additional polish to existing functions.
The most encouraging aspect of this update is a reduction of the time for Cortana to recognize basic system commands like "Pause," and "Watch Netflix." Hopefully, she'll become as usable as the legacy "Xbox" commands most of us are accustomed to.
Here are the details via the Xbox forum:
OS version released: rs1_xbox_rel_1610.161021-1900
Available: 6:00PM PDT 10/24 (1:00AM GMT 25/10)
- Resolved an issue which could sometimes prevent the Store from launching.
- Certain elements of the Store have been streamlined for an improved user experience.
- Miscellaneous bug fixes.
- Users with consoles set to the Singapore region (zh-sg or en-sg) should now see all appropriate apps while browsing the Store.
- Resolved numerous issues with unlocalized text (strange text characters) appearing in Guide.
- This build includes updates to the console speech recognizer for US and UK users, which reduces time to recognize commands like "Pause", "Play", "Mute", "Yes", and "No". In addition, recognition has been improved for phrases such as "Watch NBC" "Watch FOX", "Go to Netflix", and "Open YouTube", and should revert to web or marketplace searches less often.
- The See-It-Say-It timeout has been extended. This means users will have more time to make selections when saying "Hey Cortana, make a selection" or "Hey Cortana, select".
- Resolved an issue which sometimes caused the "Connect to LIVE" section to not appear on Home when no network connection is detected.
- Uninstalled games and apps should no longer display in the most recently used section on Home.
- Fixed an issue which sometimes caused Clubs you're participating in to fail to display under "Your clubs".
- When attempting to set an image as a Club background, recently created Clubs should no longer fail to display under "Choose a Club".
- You should no longer encounter a "Something went wrong" or "That didn't work" error when attempting to access invitation requests or recommendations.
Every update brings us closer to a public launch of the latest features. Stay tuned for all the most up to date information from the Xbox One Preview.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
The first two Snapdragon 7c PCs are here, and they start at $299 with LTE
Along with a slew of announcements for the education market this week, Microsoft debuted the first two PCs to be powered by Qualcomm's Snapdragon 7c platform. Both are targeted at the education market, and they bring LTE for as little as $299.
Need a laptop with a Thunderbolt 3 port? Every PC here deserves a look.
Looking for a new laptop that has Thunderbolt 3 ports? Well, you're in luck, as we've rounded up what we think are the best Thunderbolt 3 enabled laptops available to buy today.
Windows 10 build 19546 arrives for Fast ring with graphing calculator
Microsoft pushed out another new Windows 10 Preview build for Windows Insiders on the Fast ring today. This build brings the build number up to 19546, and it includes a new graphing mode for the Calculator app.
These are the 6 best Xbox One media remotes
If you use the Xbox One to control most of the media in your home, you are well aware of how clunky the standard gaming controller can be when trying to command other systems. Looking for a better solution? We have you covered.