Fans of the Hitman series will rejoice at the latest release, Hitman GO, now available for a universal purchase for Windows Phone and Windows 8.1.
The turn-based strategy game was released by Square Enix in April 2014 for iOS and later in June for Android. Coming nearly one-year later, those on Microsoft's platforms can enjoy the game on the small or big screen.
Hitman GO veers from the traditional gameplay of the Hitman series and is more of a puzzle game than an action adventure title.
"Hitman GO is a turn-based strategy game with beautifully rendered diorama-style set pieces. You will strategically navigate fixed spaces on a grid to avoid enemies and take out your target or infiltrate well-guarded locations. You really have to think about each move and all the Hitman tools of the trade you would expect are included; disguises, distractions, sniper rifles and even 47's iconic Silverballers."
- Challenging puzzles that put your assassination skills to the test
- Beautiful scale model-style visuals
- Environments with secret passageways and off-limit areas
- Agent 47's tools of the trade: Distractions, disguises, hiding spots, sniper rifles and even the iconic Silverballers
- Different enemy types with unique and deadly behaviours
- Different ways of completing each level, silently or forcefully
The game comes in at a massive 449 MB in size (461 MB for Windows 8.1), so make sure you have adequate space available. The good news is those with devices sporting 512 MB of RAM can download this title.
The game costs $4.99, but it is for two licenses on Windows and Windows Phone. Unfortunately, there is no trial. In the meantime, you can check out the game's trailer above, and we will do a hands-on with the game in a bit to tell if it is worth the purchase.
Thanks, Gautam K., and Reza C., for the tips!
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.