Anthem is an upcoming shared world third-person shooter from BioWare. BioWare is the studio behind famous franchises like Dragon Age and Mass Effect. Anthem is expected to launch on February 22, 2019, but that hasn't stopped the developer from releasing new details about the project.
Aside from featuring a plethora of content at launch, Anthem should get new cosmetic items, creatures, and even regions after launch. However, many gamers wanted to know more about the endgame. Luckily, BioWare released a new video detaining everything to expect at launch or shortly after. There's a lot to do after you hit Level 30. You can read a summary of the major points below.
- The game starts off with a failed mission where you're unable to shut down the "Heart of Rage."
- It's up to you to redeem the "Freelancers" and save the world by going against an evil force known as the "Dominion."
- The endgame features more daring and deadly quests, and results in stronger weapons.
- You have to constantly upgrade your "Javelins" to stay competitive in the world.
- There are difficulty levels like "Grandmaster" which give you better items, but require a lot of teamwork and coordination to tackle.
- Player customization plays an important role in the game because you collect vinyls and emotes.
- After you hit Level 30, you have to craft items to become stronger because that appears to be the cap at the moment.
- After Level 30, the endgame requires you to take on missions like "Contracts" and "Strongholds" which are incredibly difficult.
- Contracts are unpredictable missions where you deal with various problems in the world.
- It seems like some Contracts can be completed by one Freelancer.
- Completing missions gives you access to blueprints, but materials have to be acquired through completing daily, weekly, or monthly challenges.
- Sometimes random people will offer you "Legendary Contracts" inside the social space known as "Fort Tarsis."
- Defeating massive "Titans" is part of the experience and they represent some of the toughest enemies Anthem has to offer.
- Strongholds are longer challenges where you have to go up against the deadliest enemies in the world by entering their territories.
- Strongholds have to be tackled with a team because they're quite difficult on your own, maybe even impossible.
- BioWare reiterated that Anthem will continue to get new features in the coming months, including a variety of new missions.
- Lastly, "Cataclysms" are time-limited world events which cause physical changes to the map.
- Cataclysms are by far the most challenging aspects to the game, and more details about them will be revealed soon.
What are you most looking forward to from Anthem's endgame? Let us know. Recently, the Digital Foundry managed to test out all the versions and concluded that only the Xbox One X offered native 4K resolution. The PlayStation 4 Pro achieves 1800p. In an earlier analysis, Digital Foundry discovered that there were "checkerboarding" artifacts on all versions — even PC — but that's not the case anymore.
Aside from PC, the Xbox One X version should be the cleanest. Hopefully BioWare will be able to iron out the performance issues before launch. Anthem needs to be a polished game when it launches towards the end of this month. However, only time will tell. A lot of gamers are skeptical given how Mass Effect: Andromeda turned out.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.