There's no "on" button glaring at you — flipping the power on a Windows Mixed Reality Motion Controller is a little more subtle than that. The first thing you have to do, of course, is to pop in the batteries and connect your Motion Controllers to your PC.
Battery life on the controllers should be pretty good, but equally, you don't want to throw your power away when you're not using them. After a short while they'll simply turn off on their own, likewise the headset will go to sleep. But if you need to turn them off manually, or turn them back on again, it's simple.
Hold down the Windows key on each controller for about 2 seconds. When it turns on you'll feel a single vibration. Repeat the process to turn them off again, and you'll feel a double vibration.
So, incredibly easy. But also not immediately obvious.
All about Mixed Reality
- Everything we know so far about Windows Mixed Reality
- What is Windows Mixed Reality Ultra?
- How to set up your Windows Mixed Reality playspace
- What's the difference between augmented reality and mixed reality?
- What makes each Windows Mixed Reality headset special?
- How to build a PC for Windows Mixed Reality
- Are all Windows Mixed Reality headsets created equal?
- Everything you need to get started with Windows Mixed Reality
Fix up your Xbox Elite Controller with these parts
Need some replacement parts for your Xbox One Elite Controller? From new paddles, grips, bumpers, thumbsticks, and more, we have you covered.
Hands-on with Windows 10 build 20161 showcasing the new Start menu
Yesterday, Microsoft released a new build of Windows 10 that includes an updated Start menu design with translucent Live Tiles, improvements to Notifications, and behavior changes to things like Tablet Mode and the Taskbar. It's been a while since Microsoft released a build with any surface-level changes, but now it's finally happened, we're back showcasing all the changes on video.
Everything we know about 'Xbox Series S' Lockhart
The Xbox Series X is getting a baby brother in the form of a console codenamed Lockhart, most likely to be called Xbox Series S. Here's what we know so far.