There's no "on" button glaring at you — flipping the power on a Windows Mixed Reality Motion Controller is a little more subtle than that. The first thing you have to do, of course, is to pop in the batteries and connect your Motion Controllers to your PC.
Battery life on the controllers should be pretty good, but equally, you don't want to throw your power away when you're not using them. After a short while they'll simply turn off on their own, likewise the headset will go to sleep. But if you need to turn them off manually, or turn them back on again, it's simple.
Hold down the Windows key on each controller for about 2 seconds. When it turns on you'll feel a single vibration. Repeat the process to turn them off again, and you'll feel a double vibration.
So, incredibly easy. But also not immediately obvious.
All about Mixed Reality
- Everything we know so far about Windows Mixed Reality
- What is Windows Mixed Reality Ultra?
- How to set up your Windows Mixed Reality playspace
- What's the difference between augmented reality and mixed reality?
- What makes each Windows Mixed Reality headset special?
- How to build a PC for Windows Mixed Reality
- Are all Windows Mixed Reality headsets created equal?
- Everything you need to get started with Windows Mixed Reality