A couple of days ago, Microsoft released a new firmware update for the Surface Pro 3 tablet. Now the official Surface history page has published the change log for that update, showing what's new and improved with this latest firmware.
Here's the breakdown of what was included in the latest firmware download:
- Surface Pro System Aggregator Firmware update (v3.9.650.0) improves booting time experience and enhances the system reliability while docked.
- Wireless Network Controller and Bluetooth driver update (v15.68.9030.41) improves the wireless network connectivity and stability.
- Surface Integration driver update (v2.0.1209.0) ensures when using a custom power plan that the selected plan will not revert to the default balanced power plan when installing a Windows Update.
- Microsoft Docking Station Audio Device driver update (v188.8.131.52) improves audio experience when no external speakers are connected to a Surface Pro 3 Docking Station so that Surface Pro 3 internal speakers are used.
- Management Engine Interface driver update (v184.108.40.2067) improves the system stability.
Microsoft does have a special note stating that after installing the firmware, the Surface Pro 3 will automatically restart. After that, the user must restart the tablet again to complete the firmware installation.
Source: Microsoft; Via: WinSuperSite
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.