What you need to know
- Microsoft Flight Simulator is one of the best simulator games for aviation fans on PC.
- Today, Microsoft Flight Simulator is releasing World Update IV to all MFS players for free.
- The update includes hundreds of improvements in a number of European areas, including France, the Netherlands, Belgium, and Luxembourg.
- The update also includes two new activities that have players accomplish flying feats in the newly updated areas.
Microsoft Flight Simulator is undoubtedly one of the best first-party Microsoft titles to release in recent times, and successfully revives the long-dormant franchise. Today, Microsoft Flight Simulator is releasing World Update IV to all Microsoft Flight Simulator players on Windows 10, Steam, and Xbox Game Pass for PC. The update adds a ton of visual and logistical improvements to large parts of Europe. There's also a new trailer below that shows off some of the new changes.
World Update IV for Microsoft Flight Simulator includes a ton of new changes and features, including:
- Improved digital elevation data and aerial imagery for France, the Netherlands, Belgium, and Luxembourg
- High-resolution 3D photogrammetry for Paris and Amsterdam
- Three hand-crafted airports with Megève, Nice and Rotterdam
- Improvements to 100 other airports in the surrounding area
- Custom treatment for over 100 landmarks
- Two new activities
- Landing Challenge at La Salette
- Bush Trip into the heights of the Pyrenees and the Alps
The World Update IV for Microsoft Flight Simulator is now available for free to all players, although you may need to head into the Marketplace and download the "FRBENELUX" bundle to play. Today's update does not include any additional information about Microsoft Flight Simulator for Xbox, and is just about further improving the gorgeous world in one of the best PC games, Microsoft Flight Simulator.
The Legend Returns
Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 has taken to the skies, promising a cloud-powered globe, with authenticity on an unmatched scale. It's out now exclusively on Windows PCs, offered in three flavors.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Zachary Boddy (They / Them) is a Staff Writer for Windows Central, primarily focused on covering the latest news in tech and gaming, the best Xbox and PC games, and the most interesting Windows and Xbox hardware. They have been gaming and writing for most of their life starting with the original Xbox, and started out as a freelancer for Windows Central and its sister sites in 2019. Now a full-fledged Staff Writer, Zachary has expanded from only writing about all things Minecraft to covering practically everything on which Windows Central is an expert, especially when it comes to Microsoft. You can find Zachary on Twitter @BoddyZachary.