The web-based version of Microsoft's diagraming tool is now generally available following a lengthy preview that started in late-2016. With the tool, commercial customers can now create, edit, and share diagrams online, Microsoft says. Diagrams created with Visio Online can then be shared with anyone in an organization, even if they don't have a Visio Online license.
Here's a look at Visio Online's base feature set:
- Start diagramming quickly with templates, modern UI, and the familiar Office Online experience in your favorite browser.
- Create diagrams such as block diagrams, flowcharts, timelines, Specification and Description Language (SDL) diagrams, and more.
- Share your work easily as a secure web-based link, attachment, image, or PDF.
- Share feedback by adding and replying to comments online.
- Store and share your creations securely with the included 2GB of free OneDrive storage.
- It's always up to date and web-based.
- Includes Narrator, accessibility checker, and high-contrast support.
- Licensed for commercial use.
- 24/7 phone and web support.
- Available in 25 languages.
Visio Online is available in two different plans at either $5 or $13 per user per month. The first plan includes the above features suited for basic use, while the second plan adds a number of extras for more professional situations. You can get a full look at the differences at the Visio Online website.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.