What you need to know
- An update is available for Microsoft Teams on iOS and Android.
- The iOS update brings an improved search experience.
- Teams on Android now supports joining webinars from phones or tablets.
Microsoft Teams has updates available for iOS and Android. The updates bring several new features, including an improved search experience on iOS and the ability to join webinars on Android. Following the updates, both versions of Teams should be much more capable for people on the go.
Most of the new features for Teams on iOS are related to search. The update also lets you view attachments and suggested files within the details tab of meetings. Here's the complete changelog:
- Search for a message and choose to order the results by relevance or recency
- Get suggestions as you type a search term along with top hits for your search results to quickly find what you're looking for
- View attachments and suggested related files in the details tab of a meeting
The update for Teams on Android lets people join webinars and makes it easier to share meetings:
- Attendees join webinars from their phone or tablet
- All meetings (even appointments) are automatically online meetings so you can quickly share a link to the meeting
Both of the updates started rolling out recently, so you should be able to grab them through their respective app stores.
Sean Endicott brings nearly a decade of experience covering Microsoft and Windows news to Windows Central. He joined our team in 2017 as an app reviewer and now heads up our day-to-day news coverage. If you have a news tip or an app to review, hit him up at firstname.lastname@example.org (opens in new tab).
If Microsoft gave Duo software as much attention as they gave their Teams apps it would be a much better experience. Granted, I don't technically know exactly how much attention they actually give Duo software, because a lot of work might be performed on the backend.. But, I would have to assume the worst.
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.