What you need to know
- A fresh batch of updates is now available for Microsoft Whiteboard on Windows 10.
- A large portion of the update focuses on the toolbar, which can now be snapped to different parts of the app.
- There's also a refreshed accessibility checker, along with the ability for EDU users to mute people from the People Picker.
Microsoft Whiteboard has picked up a fresh batch of features on Windows 10. New to the app is the ability to snap the toolbar to different parts of the screen, a refreshed accessibility checker to make sure your brainstorming sessions are legible for everyone, and the option to mute people from the People Picker.
Here's a full rundown of what's new:
- Toolbar Location: You can change your toolbar location to left, right, or bottom using the settings menu.
- Tool Tips: Hover over or press and hold on buttons in the toolbar or context menus to see a description of their functionality.
- Accessibility Checker: There's a full refresh of the accessibility checker which should make it much easier to ensure that your content is understandable for everyone.
- First Run Experience: We've updated the teaching animations that play when you first install the app to reflect all the growth Whiteboard has had in the last year.
- EDU: Read-Only Mode: Control the classroom with the new ability to mute particular individuals from the People Picker menu, reducing distraction without embarrassing the student or interrupting the flow of a lesson.
This update follows a similar update that recently rolled out to the iOS version of the app, which also focued on moving the toolbar and the addition of an accessibility checker.
Whiteboard users can check out all of these features now by grabbing the latest version of the app from the Microsoft Store.
This digital canvas allows you to collaborate with people in real-time using pen and touch.
Portable (and affordable) power accessories we love
Each and every one of these charging gadgets will keep your favorite gear and gadgets going for longer, and none of them costs more than $30.
VisionTek 8,000 mAh micro-USB power bank ($13 at Dell)
This compact dual-output powerbank can speedily recharge any and all your devices, thanks to a two-amp "fast charge feature," using its micro-USB out port. Its simple design includes an LED indicator, and it costs about as much as a single ticket to the movies.
Panasonic eneloop AA batteries (From $13 at Dell)
Panasonic's rechargeable batteries are among the best available, and just a couple of them will keep your favorite remote, mice or other peripherals powered up when you need them. They're also eco. And the company's affordable charger fits and charges both AA and AAA batteries at the same time.
Belkin Qi Wireless Charging Pad ($30 at Dell)
This unobtrusive Qi wireless charging pad looks good (and kind of like a UFO …) and easily charges all your Qi-compatible device up to 5W. Its LED indicator lights up when you're charging. And it costs just $30.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
HP updates Reverb G2 ahead of launch, preorders start shipping in November
HP is finally nearly ready to start shipping its new Reverb G2 Windows Mixed Reality headset. Those who have already preordered the $600 headset should see them arrive in November, while anyone preordering after September 24 will see headsets arrive in December.
The 300Hz display on the Razer Blade 15 is way ahead of its time
Our favorite gaming laptop now has a 300Hz display option and it's smoother than your eyes can really see.
Microsoft aims to compete with PS5 in Japan with Xbox Series S price drop
Microsoft is cutting the cost of the PS5 in Japan to better position the console as a cheaper alternative to the PS5. The price drop was announced during the company's first appearance at the Tokyo Game Show in six years.
Make the most of your Surface Pen and Slim Pen with these awesome apps
To really maximize the ability of the Surface Pen and Slim Pen, there are some essential apps you should check out. We've rounded up the best right here for a variety of purposes.