What you need to know
- Minecraft: Bedrock Edition is cooking up a solid update for the Nether Update, with a new beta releasing today.
- The 18.104.22.168 beta builds on top of previous betas with even more bug fixes, stability improvements, a parity changes.
- It seems to be a pretty decent beta, and comes the same day the Java Edition gets a new stable release with 1.16.3.
Minecraft builds have parted a tad again between the Bedrock and Java Editions, with the Bedrock Edition getting its 22.214.171.124 beta build today, and the Java Edition enjoying its 1.16.3 stable release. The latest beta build for the Bedrock Edition continues to improve the Nether Update while also bringing the two editions of Minecraft closer together. Bug fixes, stability improvements, parity changes, and even some more changes to the Achievements screen are all in play here.
The changelog for the 126.96.36.199 build include:
Performance and stability
- Game no longer crashes if a player opens a Shulker Box they're standing on after rejoining a multiplayer session
- Fixed crash when using
/fillcommand with Portal to fill huge amount of blocks
- Baby Zoglins now have cute oversized heads
- Shroomlight block can now be used with the Composter
- Crimson Fungus and Warped Fungus can now be placed on Mycelium blocks
- Observers will no longer get stuck in an active state when moved by a piston
- The "Thing" banner can now be crafted at the Loom
- All expected blocks and items can now be composted again
- Portal blocks placed with
/fillcommands that are not part of a valid portal structure will only exist for 1 second before they are removed
- Foxes will no longer take damage when falling on berries
- Text and background for the title command (Title, Subtitle, and Actionbar) have been adjusted and spaced out
- Dressing room now shows cached Character Creator items when offline
- 24 bit PNGs without an alpha channel are no longer accepted as valid custom skins
- Boots enchanted with Soul Speed no longer become stuck on mobs or the player after breaking
- Piglin Brutes preserve equipment when zombified
- The Smithing Table screen now contains hammer icon and UI elements appear correctly when using the "Pocket" UI profile setting
- Made the reward frame on the list item the same as the art frame
- Improved the tap visual feedback
- Decreased safe zone size
- Fixed an issue where it was impossible to move focus away from Back button using a keyboard
- Fixed an issue where the new achievement screens would sometimes incorrectly apply safe zone along the split in split screen mode, instead of just at the window edges
- Bandwidth optimization: make sure level event packets only broadcast locally
- Spatial Bandwidth Optimizations are now exposed through a component,
- Spatial Bandwidth Optimizations are now utilized by every actor using
- Added the selector component to raw text which can be used to print entity names in commands such as
- Structures are no longer cut off when loaded using the
- FMOD music channel now sets its priority to 0 when music is played to prevent FMOD virtual channel from stealing it when a regular sound is played in game (default priority is 128)
If you're interested, you can learn how to enroll in Minecraft: Bedrock Edition betas, or you can wait until October 3, 2020 for the Minecraft Live event, which should give us a sneak peek at the future of Minecraft.
A gaming masterpiece
Available everywhere you play.
Minecraft is an inarguable and complete success. It has sold copies in the hundreds of millions, has a huge following of dedicated players, and lets you unlock your every creative desire. It's also available on every platform imaginable, including Xbox One, Windows 10, Playstation 4, and Nintendo Switch. Play with anyone, and play anywhere.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Don't delete your Oculus Facebook account if you want to keep your games
Nowadays, your Facebook account is your Oculus account. Make sure you don't delete it if you want to keep your games.
Save $300 on Surface Duo at Best Buy
It's a good time to save a little cash on Surface Duo if you've been eyeing one lately. Best Buy is currently shaving $300 off the price of Microsoft's dual-screen device, so long as you activate it the same day. Without activation, you'll still get a pretty sweet $200 discount.
CORSAIR CX550F RGB PSU review: Stylish and stable power delivery
CORSAIR's new CX550F provides a snazzy option for mid-range PC users who need a power supply, but is the performance up to snuff? Here's what you need to know.
These PC accessories will turn Minecraft into a whole other experience
Jumping into the world of Minecraft? Already involved and want to ameliorate your gaming experience? Check out these awesome accessories.